Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

In the final stages of planning to move the family to Dubai and I have query regarding attested documentation required for visas etc. Marriage cert is from UK, however currently living in Dublin and the nearest UAE Embassy is in London - I was hpoing not to have to travel there before Dubai. Is it enough to have them attested by a local solicitor or is there a way to have them attested remotely?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Hi All,

In the final stages of planning to move the family to Dubai and I have query regarding attested documentation required for visas etc. Marriage cert is from UK, however currently living in Dublin and the nearest UAE Embassy is in London - I was hpoing not to have to travel there before Dubai. Is it enough to have them attested by a local solicitor or is there a way to have them attested remotely?

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office can attest documents and you do it by post.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi All,

The FCO will do it by post but for marriage and birth certificates you need an original copy , a copy issued by the registratin office.

As far as I know you then have to take it to the UAE embassy in London. They have same day service (a little more expensive) or they can send it to you by post. Same day service does not mean immediate. You might have to come back for the documents few hours after you hand them in.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I used an attestation company called Gulf Visa to handle this process for me while I was in Dubai - I just sent the certificate to them, they dealt with the FCO and UAE embassy then returned them to me. PM me for details.

FYI you also need to have the certificate stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs once you arrive in Dubai - your company's PRO or HR department may be able to help you with this, or you can go in person - it is a 5-minute job.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used an attestation company called Gulf Visa to handle this process for me while I was in Dubai - I just sent the certificate to them, they dealt with the FCO and UAE embassy then returned them to me. PM me for details.

FYI you also need to have the certificate stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs once you arrive in Dubai - your company's PRO or HR department may be able to help you with this, or you can go in person - it is a 5-minute job.
Hi Again,

One question I should have asked at the start - how many copies of Marriage, Birth certificates etc do I need to have attested prior to arrival?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You will only need your marriage certificate for sponsorsing your family once your employment visa is stamped - so just the one should be sufficient!

You really don't need to have birth certificates attested - bring the originals with you by all means, but passports (copies initially and originals for visa stamping) will be sufficient. I've helped lots of our new employees with their family visas and have never been required to submit birth certificates.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hilbo just out of interest how long ago was that? We went to the British Embassy last May and asked if they could help with attestion, but were promptly told that our marriage certificate would have to go back to the UK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hilbo just out of interest how long ago was that? We went to the British Embassy last May and asked if they could help with attestion, but were promptly told that our marriage certificate would have to go back to the UK.
Hi,
It was 5th November 2009. From what I hear it is a newish thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.