Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My friend used spaces in naming of attach documents with e-application but lately he to know that spaces should be avoided. There is no option to remove attach document. Any suggestion, what to do now?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Upload the docs again..its perfectly fine....
write an explanation in the "description" line...

Hi,

My friend used spaces in naming of attach documents with e-application but lately he to know that spaces should be avoided. There is no option to remove attach document. Any suggestion, what to do now?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is there aboslutely no way to access the documents once they have been submitted and modify/remove them? Every time I attempt to log into the document upload section I see a single line message stating that no more documents can be uploaded since the maximum limit of documents has been reached? The problem is I have still to upload scans of my photograph and a few other documents.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
oh ok..i guess you have reached the max. number of docs which can be uploaded...
why dont you email your CO and tell him/her abt this problem?
you can also email the docs to the CO directly...

Is there aboslutely no way to access the documents once they have been submitted and modify/remove them? Every time I attempt to log into the document upload section I see a single line message stating that no more documents can be uploaded since the maximum limit of documents has been reached? The problem is I have still to upload scans of my photograph and a few other documents.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just finished filing my 175 online, and got done with uploading the documents around an hour later, so I'm a long way from a CO allocation. Is there any known precedent where DIAC helped out in such a situation? I'm most worried about the fact that I haven't uploaded Form 1221 yet, and that needs to be done within 28 days of lodging the application online.

Stupid PDF files - if only it had occurred to me earlier to combine multiple pages into a single file, this mess would never have happened!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I just finished filing my 175 online, and got done with uploading the documents around an hour later, so I'm a long way from a CO allocation. Is there any known precedent where DIAC helped out in such a situation? I'm most worried about the fact that I haven't uploaded Form 1221 yet, and that needs to be done within 28 days of lodging the application online.

Stupid PDF files - if only it had occurred to me earlier to combine multiple pages into a single file, this mess would never have happened!
hey razzy, form 80 and 1221 will be requested for CO after his allocation right? where it is mentioned that both these forms need to be uploaded within 28 days? I thought 28 days is for other attachments like age proof, work exp, quali etc...

BTW, I am at the verge of exceeding the max document number. may be 1 or 2 I can upload I think. About 15-20 attachments are of single page of the same doc...later I found a software to merge and reduce the size of pdf...

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey razzy, form 80 and 1221 will be requested for CO after his allocation right? where it is mentioned that both these forms need to be uploaded within 28 days? I thought 28 days is for other attachments like age proof, work exp, quali etc...

BTW, I am at the verge of exceeding the max document number. may be 1 or 2 I can upload I think. About 15-20 attachments are of single page of the same doc...later I found a software to merge and reduce the size of pdf...
Hi,

I had Form 1221 displayed in my Documents Checklist which appeared after I made the payment to DIAC. It stated that the form should be filled and sent to DIAC within 28 days of lodgement of the application. I've since read various posts stating that even if it is provided in time the CO usually asks for it again later, primarily because of the length of time that passes between lodging application and CO allotment.

Based on what I've read thus far, it seems only a few people get the pleasure of submitting 1221. I would've thought that being in possession of a valid UC457 would put me in a category where such additional personal checks are not required, but strange are the ways in which DIAC works...

With the whole PDF thing, even I found out about the 'merge' function when it was too late. So much for being at IT guy! :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just got off the phone with a DIAC CSA. She said I could send the remaining documents to the following email address - [email protected]

When I asked her if it would negatively impact my application she told me not to worry since this stuff happens all the time! :tongue1:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Just got off the phone with a DIAC CSA. She said I could send the remaining documents to the following email address - [email protected]

When I asked her if it would negatively impact my application she told me not to worry since this stuff happens all the time! :tongue1:
Cool razzy, you saved my phone cost :)

but I am worried still that in thousands of emails they get everyday hope our attachments are not lost!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cool razzy, you saved my phone cost :)

but I am worried still that in thousands of emails they get everyday hope our attachments are not lost!
Honestly speaking this is the only option remaining for me since I've run out of possibilities to attach any more documents to the online system. At worst what might happen is when the CO gets allotted he'll see that my docs are incomplete, at which point I hope he'll contact me via email and request for them, unless the ones I plan to send to the email address listed in my previous post get collated by DIAC with the ones I uploaded into their system. That would be the best case scenario.

For you, I guess with just a couple more spaces for documents remaining there's much else to be done either. If our emails/docs get lost in the mountain of emails which DIAC must receive everyday then there really isn't anything we can do to avoid that. Send the docs and pray...:pray:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
dont worry abt these two forms..
the CO will ask you to submit them once you get the CO..
i did it the same way..
in fact when the CO sends you these form; they will be pre-printed with your DoB and TRN #...ditto with the medical forms..

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i dont think that your emails will get lost as long as you include your name,TRN number, Date of birth...

Honestly speaking this is the only option remaining for me since I've run out of possibilities to attach any more documents to the online system. At worst what might happen is when the CO gets allotted he'll see that my docs are incomplete, at which point I hope he'll contact me via email and request for them, unless the ones I plan to send to the email address listed in my previous post get collated by DIAC with the ones I uploaded into their system. That would be the best case scenario.

For you, I guess with just a couple more spaces for documents remaining there's much else to be done either. If our emails/docs get lost in the mountain of emails which DIAC must receive everyday then there really isn't anything we can do to avoid that. Send the docs and pray...:pray:

·
Registered
353 Posts

Hey... What you can do is install PrimoPDF (google it, it is a free software)

Create a single word file for all the pages of a document and then primoPDF can create a single PDF file from that.

For e.g. put both the passport page images in a word file and then create a single PDF for that.

Do that similarly for offer letters etc.

·
Registered
628 Posts

razzy...did u send extra docs to that mail id and you got any acknowledgment that your docs will be added to the case or did you see them in attachment list?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I sent all my docs with corrected names (no spaces), after merging multiple page scans into a single PDF (for each document), as well as Form 1221. I received an automated email informing me that my documats (sent via email) would be attached to my application.

I can't check my doc-list online anymore because every time I log in I see a message stating that the maximum document limit has been reached and it is not possible to attach any more docs to the application. There are no other control links/buttons available on that web page for navigation.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I sent all my docs with corrected names (no spaces), after merging multiple page scans into a single PDF (for each document), as well as Form 1221. I received an automated email informing me that my documats (sent via email) would be attached to my application.

I can't check my doc-list online anymore because every time I log in I see a message stating that the maximum document limit has been reached and it is not possible to attach any more docs to the application. There are no other control links/buttons available on that web page for navigation.
Cool razzy. I am waiting for few docs after getting them I will do the same. Good that they confirmed it will be attached to our application. BTW, after how many days you got that mail?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Within a few minutes after sending the email.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes just email them directly. Shouldn't be a problem at all, just make sure you put in all your reference details like TRN, name, passport no., etc.

Tip for future document uploads:
Make sure you COMBINE multiple pages into ONE PDF file, instead of sending multiple ones - it is confusing. There should be many free PDF file optimizers/mergers online.
Also, even if you've accidentally sent your file with spacing (and not underscore _ like it's supposed to be), I don't think it is a big deal, I've uploaded a few documents with that mistake as well, with no problems at all.

Most importantly, don't stress, most things can be resolved by contacting DIAC directly via phone or email.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes just email them directly. Shouldn't be a problem at all, just make sure you put in all your reference details like TRN, name, passport no., etc.

Tip for future document uploads:
Make sure you COMBINE multiple pages into ONE PDF file, instead of sending multiple ones - it is confusing. There should be many free PDF file optimizers/mergers online.
Also, even if you've accidentally sent your file with spacing (and not underscore _ like it's supposed to be), I don't think it is a big deal, I've uploaded a few documents with that mistake as well, with no problems at all.

Most importantly, don't stress, most things can be resolved by contacting DIAC directly via phone or email.
I agree with you that we don't need to stress ourselves. After initiating this thread, I queried with DIAC about spaces in file names. Once CO assigned, my query was forwarded to CO and CO replied, don't worry and no need to re-load documents.

Therefore, I will suggest that we should not panic and follow the instructions of DIAC and CO. In case of any query, we should contact DIAC/CO directly.

Best of luck to all of us :).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.