Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I lodged my 190 yesterday and will upload all document today.
I am a bit confused on the fields "Evidence type" and "Document type". For example when i attach my passport, should i use "Birth or Age, Evidence of" or "Identity, Evidence of" field? Likewise for birth certificate.
Similarly, for employment reference letter from HR and line manager, should i use "Qualifications - Overseas, Evidence of" or "Work Experience - Overseas, Evidence of" field.
I am also not sure what to put in the "Description" field?

Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
It depends what you are using it for ;). I would lodge the passport as "Identity, Evidence of" and upload the birth certificate as "Birth or Age, Evidence of". Now, if you do not have a birth certificate, then it might be necessary to upload the passport twice, in both categories.

Reference letters go under "Work Experience - Overseas, Evidence of".

Generally, I would not sweat the difference too much - the only important thing is that the case officer can find everything, so choose a category that makes the most sense to you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks espresso.
I checked document checklist in immi.gov.au. In There, birth certificate, passport, passport photograph all are under the identity section. Is it ok if i attach all these under the "Identity- Evidence of" catagory?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Yes, of course. As I said, it should not matter too much... people have uploaded documents under completely wrong categories before and the CO figured it out ;).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts