Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:juggle:I have returned to Europe after eleven months on a temporary visa .Having worked in NSW for those months and not earning an alot, i was under the impression that at 63 years old,I did not have to pay tax. Now that I am back in the UK can anyone enlighten me as to paying any tax to the Australian Tax Office or recommend where I could get advice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Talk with your employer, get the pay summary for year. If any tax you will be able to claim all (depending upon your visa type)

if your visa finished and you have paid any super, you can claim that back as well

·
Registered
16 Posts
It actually depends on which type of temporary visa you had. If it's short term business visa, you will be considered a non resident for tax purposes therefore will be taxed for every dollar you earned here. But if say you held a 457 visa, you will be categorised as a resident for tax purposes and therefore will be eligible of the tax free threshhold of the first $18200. However, since you did not stay here for the entire 12mos, your tax free threshhold will be pro rata.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts