Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do. My partner has been offered work in western Australia in a few months. We have two young children so I do not intend to work. He will be earning enough to support us anyway as we are also staying with family. It's a 10 month contract with a maybe view to stay on. Will he need a working holiday visa? Will I need a visa? Is it hard to get a visa? Some people say its hard but my brother went and got approval in 24 hours and he didn't have a specific skill

Any help would be appreciated

Jodie

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Jodie,

I am surprised that if your partner was offered work in Australia, he was not told if that company was going to sponsor him? Check out the Australia's Department of Immigration and Citizenship website at : immi.gov.au

In regards to working holiday visa, check out Visa Options - Working Holiday - Visas & Immigration with more information. The country of your citizenship must be one of the countries that has been approved to participate. Also, be within 18-30 years old. But you do have to know that your partner can't work more than 6 months with one employer. He would have to work for a different employer for the other 6 months. If you want to come with your partner, you also will need to apply for the working holiday visa if you meet the requirements. However, this working holiday visa does not allow for dependent children to be brought over.

Your partner should ask the employer if he can be sponsored. The reason is because that is the fastest way that he could obtain a visa in 2 months. The other visas are for skilled occupations takes awhile to get processed and the applicant must have all the requirements in order to even apply.

Check out immi.gov.au for more information about the different visas available.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If your partner has been offered work in WA then probably the company should have also sponsored him for the visa. Try asking this to the company and they will tell you what to do..
Regarding your visa : Yes,you will need to get a visa..

Have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do. My partner has been offered work in western Australia in a few months. We have two young children so I do not intend to work. He will be earning enough to support us anyway as we are also staying with family. It's a 10 month contract with a maybe view to stay on. Will he need a working holiday visa? Will I need a visa? Is it hard to get a visa? Some people say its hard but my brother went and got approval in 24 hours and he didn't have a specific skill

Any help would be appreciated

Jodie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.