Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my ACS skills assessment, I make it to 55 points only. My only option left is to try to go for iELTS again to score an 8 each because even if I try for state immigration I only will have 60 points and for an invite with a demanding amount of hopefuls, you do need 65/70 points these days.
Someone told me about 489 visa which starts with a TR, moves to PR after 2 years. I also got to know currently NSW is offering this for Oriana and Southern Island areas. But it doesnt seem that there are any IT jobs there. I would have to live there for 2 years and work there too and being in IT for past 11 years I don't know how I will manage.
Also this visa class offers no medical allowance either. I'd be moving with a toddler and I do want medical atleast.
Can anyone share their experiences on moving to Australia with 489 sub class category please?
How hard was it? Would you recommend it to me?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
After my ACS skills assessment, I make it to 55 points only. My only option left is to try to go for iELTS again to score an 8 each because even if I try for state immigration I only will have 60 points and for an invite with a demanding amount of hopefuls, you do need 65/70 points these days.
Someone told me about 489 visa which starts with a TR, moves to PR after 2 years. I also got to know currently NSW is offering this for Oriana and Southern Island areas. But it doesnt seem that there are any IT jobs there. I would have to live there for 2 years and work there too and being in IT for past 11 years I don't know how I will manage.
Also this visa class offers no medical allowance either. I'd be moving with a toddler and I do want medical atleast.
Can anyone share their experiences on moving to Australia with 489 sub class category please?
How hard was it? Would you recommend it to me?
People with 60 points have also got invites for SS. Depends how in demand their occupation is.

PTE 79+ in all sections is not impossible task. Study well for a month or so

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
People with 60 points have also got invites for SS. Depends how in demand their occupation is.

PTE 79+ in all sections is not impossible task. Study well for a month or so
Thanks for encouragement :) Yes I will attempt iELTS again and try to do each 8 each. Currently, I got an 8 overall ( R=7.5, W=7, L=8.5, S= 8) The agent I was working with ( recently fired him because he was pessimistic about my situation and kept pushing me for 489), specifically told me I need 65-70 atleast.

I applied in category of ICT Analyst Programmer. I have 11 years experience in this field. I'm currently employed by one of top ten IT companies of the world. But unfortunately, my degree by ACS was considered equal to diploma only as it's a 3 years Bachelors instead of 4.

Really thanks for saying kind words, just like Jon Snow you gave me hope :)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for encouragement :) Yes I will attempt iELTS again and try to do each 8 each. Currently, I got an 8 overall ( R=7.5, W=7, L=8.5, S= 8) The agent I was working with ( recently fired him because he was pessimistic about my situation and kept pushing me for 489), specifically told me I need 65-70 atleast.

I applied in category of ICT Analyst Programmer. I have 11 years experience in this field. I'm currently employed by one of top ten IT companies of the world. But unfortunately, my degree by ACS was considered equal to diploma only as it's a 3 years Bachelors instead of 4.

Really thanks for saying kind words, just like Jon Snow you gave me hope :)
Try for PTE as well because people find that easy to score 79+ in that. But do get very familiar with PTE pattern and develop templates for each section. Give few mock tests as well.

IELTS writing task is kind of blocking factor for securing 8. I haven't seen many people having 8 in writing task of IELTS. SO keep PTE option open

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.