Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As you see from the accompanying video Asturias has it's very own annual airshow over the sun-kissed beaches of Gijon.
This took place yesterday.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
We also have this airshow (or one very much like it) in Torre del Mar and it is happening this Sunday... taking the boy to see it as he loves aircraft and helicopters but hasn't seen anything lime this before...

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
We also have this airshow (or one very much like it) in Torre del Mar and it is happening this Sunday... taking the boy to see it as he loves aircraft and helicopters but hasn't seen anything lime this before...
Do you have any timings for the Torre de Mar air show, Thrax? We watched it from up here in Vélez last year, but would like to get a closer look this time. Up to now the timings don't appear on the air show website, and I can't find anything on the Ayuntamiento website either.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Thank you - I've looked at that site but when you click on Horas y Localizacion, it just takes you to Localizacion but Horas are conspicuous by their absence!

·
Registered
958 Posts
beaches

PILOTS and planes from the UK, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Italy, Portugal and Spain will be attending the Torre del Mar International Air Show at the end of July, the organisers have announced.

The show, running from July 29-31, will include sunset air exhibitions off the beaches of the town on July 30, training session on July 29-30 and the main show on July 31, which will include a Wing Walking display.

There will be a very varied display of aircraft, including a Eurofighter and a Belgian F-16 and performances by the Spanish Air Force’s Aguila and Acrobatic Parachute patrols.

we will be on the beach

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
My understanding is that the show is on 28 - 30 July. Sunday 30 is the main show which starts at 11 am until 3 pm. The first two days are practice days. I cannot find anywhere that says it is on Monday 31st.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome video! I was there too! :) (The one in Gijón) The F16 and F18 were very cool!
Yes it was a perfect sunny day that day. Although talk about good timing, as the weather changed dramatically the
following day with cloud and rain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes! We've been having the ****tiest summer! We've hand what a handful of actually nice sunny beach days? I guess it's expected for Asturias though, right?

Last year wasn't this bad though! :(

·
Registered
958 Posts
Torre del Mar.

Most enjoyable day last Sunday.Nice to get days out like this.The only one downside for us was we took an afternoon meal and it was 40minutes before we got served as the restaurants and bars were absolutely heaving.When I get chance I will sort my videos out and upload them to youtube.Highlight for us were the F18's.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes! We've been having the ****tiest summer! We've hand what a handful of actually nice sunny beach days? I guess it's expected for Asturias though, right?

Last year wasn't this bad though! :(
Although on the plus side - it keeps those air conditioning bills down in the summer months, in fact the more the weather
resembles the UK the better for me.

:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Although on the plus side - it keeps those air conditioning bills down in the summer months, in fact the more the weather
resembles the UK the better for me.

:)
Well you're definitely in the right place then! In the 5 years that I've lived in Asturias I've never had to use a fan or air conditioning. Do people even install A/C here (like in pisos)??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts