Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to Grenoble for 6 months beginning January 2013. We've found a school we think would be good for our children (who will be 13 and 10), but I think I will need help taking care of the paperwork and logistics to apply, register them, and get things set up. Does anyone know how I could find a person I could hire to help with this? I would think a teacher in Grenoble who wants a little extra cash might be a good route but I'm at a loss as to how to make contact. Thank you!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Are you looking at a public or private school? If it's a public school, the registration process must be completed at the mairie, and really can't be done until you are there. There wouldn't be any advantage in getting a teacher to help versus anyone else who is bi-lingual and has gone through the registration process. You could search for and seek the help of a relocation agent and/or a translator, although a lot of translators just do documents and not conversational translation.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Get a French speaking person to help you call so that you can inform of yoru arrival, ask registration of the children and get a list of papers required (compulsory in France is only vaccinations card for the kids and ID for the parents, as well as legal status of marriage /divorce).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.