Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone has tried the assessment for ANZSCO 271299: JUDICIAL AND OTHER LEGAL PRO on Vetassess?

I would love to know how was the assessment for this occupation on Vetassess.

I'm Lawyer and I'm planning an application for that occupation as my other occupation is out of all states list.

Thank you!

:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone has tried the assessment for ANZSCO 271299: JUDICIAL AND OTHER LEGAL PRO on Vetassess?

I'm Lawyer and I'm planning an application for that occupation as my other occupation is out of all states list.

Thank you!

DID U GET ANY INFORMATION FOR THE ABOVE POST?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi,

Thank you!

For a positive assessment for 271299, you will need a relevant qualification, Bachelor's degree or higher, and atleast 1 year work experience in relevant field in the last 5 years. https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration

Some of the tasks relevant to 2712 are provided here 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2

Currently, 271299 is open to migration in the following states: NT, SA, and Tas. Check individual state eligibility requirements- State migration sites | australia.gov.au

Were you looking for something more specific?

Reactions: wlothar

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a positive assessment for 271299, you will need a relevant qualification, Bachelor's degree or higher, and atleast 1 year work experience in relevant field in the last 5 years. https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration

Some of the tasks relevant to 2712 are provided here 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2

Currently, 271299 is open to migration in the following states: NT, SA, and Tas. Check individual state eligibility requirements- State migration sites | australia.gov.au

Were you looking for something more specific?

Thank you for your answer. I already have seen some of this information from other thread I checked. However, the question that remains is very specific and is related to the proof of work experience.

As an independent contractor, I can provide only a Court certificate to prove the cases I worked as a Lawyer. I cannot disclose contracts, names, and personal information from my clients.

The Court certificate is very complete: it shows dates, what the litigation was about, the time it was finished, but don't show how much I was paid for the work I have done, neither the period I earn the money. So, my doubt is very specific, and I think only a person that had already tried the assessment would know how it works.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thank you for your answer. I already have seen some of this information from other thread I checked. However, the question that remains is very specific and is related to the proof of work experience.

As an independent contractor, I can provide only a Court certificate to prove the cases I worked as a Lawyer. I cannot disclose contracts, names, and personal information from my clients.

The Court certificate is very complete: it shows dates, what the litigation was about, the time it was finished, but don't show how much I was paid for the work I have done, neither the period I earn the money. So, my doubt is very specific, and I think only a person that had already tried the assessment would know how it works.

Based on my understanding, disclosing any information about your clients to VETASSESS is not mandatory. The only criteria they look for are; the work you undertook was relevant to your nominated occupation, you were paid for at-least 20 hours or work per week.

The dates on the Court certificate will help VETASSESS to count your employment period, however, they will need some form of evidence of payments; tax records in your case maybe?

VETASSESS suggests an independent contractor provide these documents to support their claims:

1. Evidence proving relevance to nominated occupation, and hours worked.
- A signed Statement from your accountant (or lawyer) verifying the name of your business and the position that you held.
- Your registration/licence details
- A statutory declaration listing your main duties and other relevant employment information, verifiable by other evidence.

2. Evidence of payment
- Taxation records

3. Optional evidences
- Contracts with clients
- Statements from clients stating your name, the position you held and the business and work by you

If the documents you have provides enough evidence of payments, relevance of your tasks to the occupation, and your work hours, I think the client details can be left out.

I will suggest however, that you call or email VETASSESS directly to better understand the whole process. And check their privacy policy if you are concerned about sharing client details. Meanwhile, wait for someone with similar occupation code to reply.

Reactions: wlothar

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based on my understanding, disclosing any information about your clients to VETASSESS is not mandatory. The only criteria they look for are; the work you undertook was relevant to your nominated occupation, you were paid for at-least 20 hours or work per week.

The dates on the Court certificate will help VETASSESS to count your employment period, however, they will need some form of evidence of payments; tax records in your case maybe?

VETASSESS suggests an independent contractor provide these documents to support their claims:

1. Evidence proving relevance to nominated occupation, and hours worked.
- A signed Statement from your accountant (or lawyer) verifying the name of your business and the position that you held.
- Your registration/licence details
- A statutory declaration listing your main duties and other relevant employment information, verifiable by other evidence.

2. Evidence of payment
- Taxation records

3. Optional evidences
- Contracts with clients
- Statements from clients stating your name, the position you held and the business and work by you

If the documents you have provides enough evidence of payments, relevance of your tasks to the occupation, and your work hours, I think the client details can be left out.

I will suggest however, that you call or email VETASSESS directly to better understand the whole process. And check their privacy policy if you are concerned about sharing client details. Meanwhile, wait for someone with similar occupation code to reply.
Thank you! It's nice to know this very accurate information about an independent contractor application.

Knowing this makes me more confident to apply for the assessment. The only thing that is still an obstacle is that the position is available only in NT (considering my perspective points, SA is not an option now, and TAS would require me to complete a program there).

Again: You information is very relevant for me. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Licensing?

HI there,

I am keen to put in my application under 271299. Would you mind sharing your experience? Were you required to obtain further certification or licensing? Thanks Harbinder

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I've got Nt sponsorship, got grant for 489, was refused in sponsorship for 190 visa due to the profession

HI there,

I am keen to put in my application under 271299. Would you mind sharing your experience? Were you required to obtain further certification or licensing? Thanks Harbinder

1 - 9 of 9 Posts