Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have few doubts regarding the assessment process that is carried out by Engineers Australia for Mechanical engineers.

Let me tell something about my background. I hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering . I have 4 years experience in mechanical maintenance & production (as on 1st October 2013). I got my IELTS score card today with L-08, R-7.5,W-7.5,S-7.5.

Lets come to the point. I have got all the documents as mentioned by EA for assessment. Even got my old offer letters, experience letters etc. Also got an experience letter from my current employer :). It has been mentioned that " the contact details such as phone number, email id of the person signing the experience letter/offer letter/resignation letter must be mentioned". I have changed my organisation 3 times & hence I can provide the contact details of my current manager/HR person only although my old offer/experience/resignation letter of my previous company is in the company letter head, the contact details of the under signed may not be valid as they themselves have changed job!

Will this be a problem ?

Regards
Su.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi there,

I have few doubts regarding the assessment process that is carried out by Engineers Australia for Mechanical engineers.

Let me tell something about my background. I hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering . I have 4 years experience in mechanical maintenance & production (as on 1st October 2013). I got my IELTS score card today with L-08, R-7.5,W-7.5,S-7.5.

Lets come to the point. I have got all the documents as mentioned by EA for assessment. Even got my old offer letters, experience letters etc. Also got an experience letter from my current employer :). It has been mentioned that " the contact details such as phone number, email id of the person signing the experience letter/offer letter/resignation letter must be mentioned". I have changed my organisation 3 times & hence I can provide the contact details of my current manager/HR person only although my old offer/experience/resignation letter of my previous company is in the company letter head, the contact details of the under signed may not be valid as they themselves have changed job!

Will this be a problem ?

Regards
Su.
Hi Sudharshan,

Firstly, no need to be afraid of. I guess that you have got the experience/resignation/offer letter with the contact details such as company's email id, land line number, and /or fax etc. In that case, you don't need to panic as the company itself has moved from one location to another changing the land line/fax/official email id. This will be verified by Engineers Australia if and only if they find the documents phishing.

On the other hand, if you received letters individually from your immediate manager/Hr manager mentioning their old email id at that time, old mobile number etc. then, you may ask the current HR manager stating the same for getting new letters with updated contact details. If you cannot get them, request you manager to provide the letter of recommendation and letter of job responsibilities on stamp paper mentioning thier contact details as said above. But, keep offering the statutory declaration as the last resort as it is ok but not an ideal case.

Regards,
Sathiya

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sudharshan,

Firstly, no need to be afraid of. I guess that you have got the experience/resignation/offer letter with the contact details such as company's email id, land line number, and /or fax etc. In that case, you don't need to panic as the company itself has moved from one location to another changing the land line/fax/official email id. This will be verified by Engineers Australia if and only if they find the documents phishing.

On the other hand, if you received letters individually from your immediate manager/Hr manager mentioning their old email id at that time, old mobile number etc. then, you may ask the current HR manager stating the same for getting new letters with updated contact details. If you cannot get them, request you manager to provide the letter of recommendation and letter of job responsibilities on stamp paper mentioning thier contact details as said above. But, keep offering the statutory declaration as the last resort as it is ok but not an ideal case.

Regards,
Sathiya
Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts