Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have few doubts regarding the skill assessment for my husband, as we are planning to make him as dependent. so my questions are as follows:
1. Does the dependent need skill assessment to be completed to search for a job in Australia? Also, is skill assessment of dependent necessary for additional profile points?
2. His profile is: BE (mech)+ 3 years of relevant work ex and MBA (marketing) + 4 years of relevant work ex. Which assessing authority should we get his profile assessed from? should it be AIM or Vetassess or engineers australia or something else?
3. He has worked in sales and marketing for 4 years, and has moved to senior management roles for last 2 years, so which ANZSCO code can be applied on his profile (225113/131112)?
4. What if my profile is listed in MLTSSL list and his is listed in STSOL, then can he sponsor profile points?
5. What does contribution of points depends on:
a. Same assessing authority?
b. Same SOL/ MLTSSL list for both the occupations?

A quick response would be really helpful. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,
I have few doubts regarding the skill assessment for my husband, as we are planning to make him as dependent. so my questions are as follows:
1. Does the dependent need skill assessment to be completed to search for a job in Australia? Also, is skill assessment of dependent necessary for additional profile points?
2. His profile is: BE (mech)+ 3 years of relevant work ex and MBA (marketing) + 4 years of relevant work ex. Which assessing authority should we get his profile assessed from? should it be AIM or Vetassess or engineers australia or something else?
3. He has worked in sales and marketing for 4 years, and has moved to senior management roles for last 2 years, so which ANZSCO code can be applied on his profile (225113/131112)?
4. What if my profile is listed in MLTSSL list and his is listed in STSOL, then can he sponsor profile points?

To search a job you dont need skill assessment to be done for a dependent, but if you would like to get additional points (5) then you will need it to be done.

I am sure of only this question, will wait for other members to help you out with other questions.

All the best.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you want to claim points for "partner skills":
1. His occupation has to be in same occupation list as yours
2. His occupation has to be assessed by relevant authority.

So, first you should choose under which occupation you want to get him to be assessed - choose from the same list as yours. If you have a choise than go to assessing authority's websites, compare and choose what is easier/faster for you.
It is not necessary to assess his work experience, only qualification.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hi all,

1.NO
2&3)You have to go through ANZSCO in detail and choose the one that best suits to relevant experience to decide which assessing authority to go for.
4.Both qualifications should be on same list, if claiming partner points with suitable skills assessment.

5. For primary, it depends on assessing authority as points are claimed based on assessment outcome.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.