Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My WHV was issued for the dates Sept 1, 2013 to Sept 1, 2014. However, I didn't arrive in France until Oct 7. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the end date of my WHV to say Oct 1, 2014? I won't have been in the country longer than the one-year hard deadline, so it would be nice if it would be possible.

Long story, but I couldn't come on Sept 1 because work required me to stay until Oct 4 for "operational reasons". I work for the federal government and am taking a one-year leave of absence for this working holiday experience.

Hubby applied for his visa after me, and after I discovered that I would need to stay at work until Oct 4, so he put Oct 1 as his start date, so now his visa expires next Oct 1 but mine expires Sept 1.

·
Administrator
50,467 Posts
As far as the French are concerned, your visa period starts the date the visa does. If you were delayed in your arrival in France, that's not something they can (or will) adjust for.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a feeling that would be the case. It was different when I got my visa for Thailand. It gave me 3 months to enter the country and go to the immigration office, where I could extend it to the full year based on my arrival date in the country. Different system I guess!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.