21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
hey Manitoba,

I see you don't even understand what i meant by a free nation here in the USA. The people here are use to doing what they want and everything was built on the civil rights laws. We have probably a million lawyers here to sue on everything. So that is what I mean by a free nation. they don't want to be told they can't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! t
I thought of writing an example in my earlier post but erazed it. But I write it now :)

Several Americans living in USA, wanting to live remote not bothering anyone, have told me they are very frustrated at in many American states there are laws againsts living ecofriendly!!! :( In many cases much harder restrictions in USA than believed to be byrocratic Sweden :heh:
E g at one thingy concerning waste water from other than from water toilets I needed to spend almost no money to get an approved system,
while in American states they demand "homesteaders" to spend much money at a system worse for the environment than mine... The expensive in USA demanded system is even forbidden in a few Swedish municipalies of environment reason...
I'm not a "homesteader" but my house is remote as these frustrated Americans live or want to live but get stoped or have to waste much money because of American state laws...

The above is in some different American states. The following is in parts of Alaska.
An other frustrating law for some such Americans are some, who have lived remote a lifetime, dieing out now by old age, the last generation allowed to live there are their kids, but their grandkids are not allowed to live there. As I have understood it the grandkids even lose their inheritance right to these houses. These houses will become worthless anyway by it will become forbidden to live there...

So USA is not so free as many Americans claim/believe :) not even for tradtional "homesteading" which the main period of happened much more recent than in Europe, which make it extra odd USA have hard restrictions against them...

(Although Sweden have some similar false claims/believes :heh: but that's concerning social security systems. It was true Sweden was in top many years ago, but has droped down at that list.)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey Lunkan

So USA is not so free as many Americans claim/believe.

I NEVER SAID AMERICAN IS SO FREE!!!! I was making a statement how so many here think. That is why we are leading the WORLD right now with protesters and rioters. they don't want to be told they can't do it. The freedom here is changing rapidly and so many can't accept it.

art

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Lunkan

So USA is not so free as many Americans claim/believe.

I NEVER SAID AMERICAN IS SO FREE!!!! I was making a statement how so many here think. That is why we are leading the WORLD right now with protesters and rioters. they don't want to be told they can't do it. The freedom here is changing rapidly and so many can't accept it.
WHAT?! USA is a big economy and have a big military now and then FORCING small countries,
but USA is definitly NOT leading the world concerning protest. There are many protests iun the world AGAINS American actions...

And neither Sweden nor USA are good examples for the wqoild concerning how we handle covid safety, both are among the WORST countries concerning covid safety rules/recomenations... :heh:
(I have written twice to the Swedish authority concerning safety distance, but they continue saying the arm length crap :(

The freedom here is changing rapidly and so many can't accept it.
Well. The examples I wrote were decided several years ago.
And I know many much worse older examples about USA concerning freedom, but I don't write them now because we are far from the Arriving in the Philippines subject allready :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
OMO but it's sometimes better to let go and sleeping dogs lie and bite your lip/tongue, post a new thread or another aligned or different site for a b*tch, there are plenty out there if you want to vent.
I have seen so many opposing political beliefs on different sites today and all are off topic. Stir crazy with all our current situations?

Arriving in the Philippines is the topic. I am already here so cannot add to the OP's ask.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
183 Posts
OMO but it's sometimes better to let go and sleeping dogs lie and bite your lip/tongue, post a new thread or another aligned or different site for a b*tch, there are plenty out there if you want to vent.
I have seen so many opposing political beliefs on different sites today
I' din't talk about beliefs, I talked about FACTS...

Arriving in the Philippines is the topic.
It wasn't I, who moved it off topic by claiming something, which isn't true, but many Americans believe/ want to be true :)

Similar as many Swedes believe/want to be true Sweden is in top concerning social security, which isn't true neither.

·
Registered
23 Posts
WOW!

I just read no new visas will be given to U. S. citizens. Only the ones with a long term visa and being married to a Filipinos will be allowed into the country. Even those allowed into the country have to quarantine for 14 days and be tested for Corvid-19 in a hotel approved by the government. That could be an expensive deal. The test can only be paid for with cash.

I wonder when the government will allow people to fly into the country on a tourist visa? They are killing the economy by not allowing tourist back into the country. I don't understand why they are not allowing them back in if they also are quarantined and tested.

Art
I was looking at the Houston PH Consulate just the other day. If you look under Visas the conditions under which a visa can be obtained are spelled out in exact derail.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I thought of writing an example in my earlier post but erazed it. But I write it now :)

Several Americans living in USA, wanting to live remote not bothering anyone, have told me they are very frustrated at in many American states there are laws againsts living ecofriendly!!! :( In many cases much harder restrictions in USA than believed to be byrocratic Sweden :heh:
E g at one thingy concerning waste water from other than from water toilets I needed to spend almost no money to get an approved system,
while in American states they demand "homesteaders" to spend much money at a system worse for the environment than mine... The expensive in USA demanded system is even forbidden in a few Swedish municipalies of environment reason...
I'm not a "homesteader" but my house is remote as these frustrated Americans live or want to live but get stoped or have to waste much money because of American state laws...

The above is in some different American states. The following is in parts of Alaska.
An other frustrating law for some such Americans are some, who have lived remote a lifetime, dieing out now by old age, the last generation allowed to live there are their kids, but their grandkids are not allowed to live there. As I have understood it the grandkids even lose their inheritance right to these houses. These houses will become worthless anyway by it will become forbidden to live there...

So USA is not so free as many Americans claim/believe :) not even for tradtional "homesteading" which the main period of happened much more recent than in Europe, which make it extra odd USA have hard restrictions against them...

(Although Sweden have some similar false claims/believes :heh: but that's concerning social security systems. It was true Sweden was in top many years ago, but has droped down at that list.)
While I won't like/agree with your submission I believe a new thread is in order as it seems to be off topic. Go for it Lunkan.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I' din't talk about beliefs, I talked about FACTS...

It wasn't I, who moved it off topic by claiming something, which isn't true, but many Americans believe/ want to be true :)

Similar as many Swedes believe/want to be true Sweden is in top concerning social security, which isn't true neither.
This topic is about "arriving in the Philippines". Myself guilty of wandering off topic many times as we all seem to do.
New thread to air your opinion is all I/we ask.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I was looking at the Houston PH Consulate just the other day. If you look under Visas the conditions under which a visa can be obtained are spelled out in exact derail.
Welcome to the forum ragbone, enjoy. let us know what you found.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cirrently in the US tying up the balance of our retirememt. We ended up taking a pretty good financial hit thanks to Taal.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sorry to hear that ragbone, yes Taal was pretty devastating for those close by, currently C-19 is battering us retirees, well many. Enjoy when you get back here.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Presumably, Philippine Airlines would know if you'll get a visa when you arrive, so they wouldn't issue a ticket if no visa was available? Or am I assuming too much rationality?

Also presumably, the only government bureau that counts is the one at the airport stamping your passport?

I'm planning a quick trip back to the US when there are no quarantine hassles any more, and presumably the visa situation will clear up by then. But I'm not entirely comfortable that if I determine that the restrictions are lifted, they won't be reimposed. The last thing I want is to be stranded far from my new home like my next door neighbor, who took a two-week trip to Australia one week before the lockdown.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Presumably, Philippine Airlines would know if you'll get a visa when you arrive, so they wouldn't issue a ticket if no visa was available? Or am I assuming too much rationality?

Also presumably, the only government bureau that counts is the one at the airport stamping your passport?

I'm planning a quick trip back to the US when there are no quarantine hassles any more, and presumably the visa situation will clear up by then. But I'm not entirely comfortable that if I determine that the restrictions are lifted, they won't be reimposed. The last thing I want is to be stranded far from my new home like my next door neighbor, who took a two-week trip to Australia one week before the lockdown.
When ticketing the only warning is that you need the appropriate visa etc to enter the destination country. Turn up at the check in without and they'll turn you away.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
When ticketing the only warning is that you need the appropriate visa etc to enter the destination country. Turn up at the check in without and they'll turn you away.
On the subject of being turned away at the airport. Currently spouses have to apply for a visa, I assume it's a tourist visa so as I'm on a return ticket to the Philippines, the first half was to get to London, does this mean I will need an onward ticket.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts