Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

1. Is there an Aussie Bar or club where I could watch AFL./NRL Grand finals and Melbourne Cup

2. What would be an average utilities cost (water, electricity, gas) for a 2 bedroom home?

3. Will $160,000 CND be enough for my wife and I to rent a 2 bedder, run 2 cars (just cheap ones) and eat and save a little?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all,

1. Is there an Aussie Bar or club where I could watch AFL./NRL Grand finals and Melbourne Cup
You are going to have to say where you are heading. This is one of the biggest countries in the world. But if you like AFL, you should think about getting a subscription on satellite TV. The channel Setanta, which is available on all satellite or cable companies, shows some AFL, so I assume they would show the finals. And there's a channel called horse racing TV and they cover all major horse races. Not sure how many pubs would show either. If I were you, I'd consider a subscription, but like I say, it's very limited AFL coverage.

2. What would be an average utilities cost (water, electricity, gas) for a 2 bedroom home?
Agains it depends on the city and province. I'm in SW Ontario and we spend $140pm on heat (12 months equal billing), $100pm electricity and around $80 every 3rd month for water. Our house is 4 bedroom so you should get away for less.

3. Will $160,000 CND be enough for my wife and I to rent a 2 bedder, run 2 cars (just cheap ones) and eat and save a little?
Are you going to earn $160k per year or coming over with $160k as a cash lump sum? If that's annual income then you will be on easy street. You could rent a nice place in most cities and have heaps of cash over to save.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

$160,000? Whether a salary or lump sum, that's enough for you, your wife, me, and my cousin Vinny.

But be careful not to tell anyone about all that money, Canadian transvestites are notorious for swindling Aussies.

... lol. not really!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.