Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, sorry it has been a while but I wanted to let you all know that we have arrived in oz and loving it. everything is so good I wish we had done this years ago. we were out today picking up our new car. we landed last Tue and it was pouring with rain and freezing certainly a shock to the system but we have had some fine spring days since so cant complain. I will try to post more but have a whole new life to explore so please be patient

good luck to all

weelee:clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
272 Posts
:welcome:back!!!

It's fantastic knowing all is going well with you all!!

:pop2: Looking forward to more news when you can!!

Cheers,
Busyte

·
Registered
61 Posts
HI!
Wonderful to hear your good news.:clap2:
Hope you and your family are fine and all is well
DO enjoy and tell us what happens when you have time

Good luck with everything in your new life!
NK

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi weelee.. welcome back :)
so glad things are working for you. so did u manage a car? what about rental etc?

keep us posted.

cheers
anj

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Watcha,

Looking forward to reading about how you're getting on and your thoughts on Australia.

You'll still be in the headspin stage at the moment but it won't be long before you feel more settled in your surroundings.......

Dolly

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Weelee & Dot,

Glad you landed safely :clap2:. Pity about the weather. hope it's all working out well and that you've recovered from the Jetlag (was there much?)
Best of luck with the car-buying etc and when you're up to it pls let us know how you're getting on as would love to hear your version.

take care for now

xx Satty :love:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hai weelee, glad to see you back.. happy to hear that you are settling in gradually.. will be waiting to hear about aussie life from you.. :couch2: all the best. !!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone

Thanks for your kind remarks, well where do I start now things are becoming real.
First I wished we had done this years ago everything here is amazing we have not met a nasty person anywhere. I read some people can be quite sharp I remember one post someone said something about going into a post office and being looked at like they were an alien I decided to give that one a go and ask about changing driving licence the woman behind the counter not only understood my scottish accent she had maps out and gave us a near perfect drawing of the place where we should go including directions. We picked the car up last week and love it. we wanted to blend in so we got a Holden. it was after we bought it I asked the guy what size engine was in it and he told me a 3.6ltr, well when I came round the first thing I thought about was petrol costs but we filled it up today and it was only $66 which doesnt take a mathematician to work out was really good. Costs things here can be slightly more expensive but there are a lot of thing cheaper it kind of balances its self out but after getting past the stage of converting everything you just have to realise that if something costs 10 bucks then its 10 bucks if you want it.
To summerise everyone who is chasing the dream keep it real there are going to be probs but its all about how you react to them for us everything has a silver lining but thats only because we want it to have, wait til the shipping company arrive end of Nov with my tools and then I actually have to go to work then the silver ling might be a bit of a gray one but we are still happy with the decision.
Oh BTW not 2 weeks in and a massive huntsman decided to squat in our post box but it was easy to get it away we found out they are more scared of us as we are of them. anyway hope this helps and I will be back in touch when I recharge my broadband still cant get used to this download thing and grey water but all part of another post.

Take care

weelee

weather picked up nice spring sunshine now 20-29:love::love::love:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI again Weelee

thanks again for sharing ur experience, keep writing :)

Anj

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Weelee

Thanks for your post! its just what i needed today as i have been feeling a bit down. First off i rehomed my dog today, so that was awful. Also i think its because all my things have been shipped over and i feel like everything i have worked hard for is slipping away. With that said i think i am having a negative moment in time!!! Did you have these before you went, we fly in 5 weeks. Thanks ellisa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts