Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pleased to say that my wife's Spouse Visa was granted today, valid from 24th August.

My question is, does anyone know how long it will take for her to get through immigration when she lands at Heathrow? I'd like a rough idea so I know what time to book the National Express coach to get her home.

Thanking you all in anticipation
Kevin

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
When I came through with my fiancé visa, it was about the same as when I come through as a tourist, ten minutes maybe with the officer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should really be there to pick her up. There is no way to predict how busy it will be.
Thank you. I will be there to collect her, it's just that I was wondering what time coach to book from Heathrow Bus Station. She lands at 17-45 so if I book the 20-15 coach we should have plenty of time.

Thanks once again
Kevin

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
It's taken me anywhere between 2 and 60 minutes to get through immigration and customs at Heathrow. It completely depends on how busy they are, and it's impossible to predict, but of course holidays will usually be worse.

I would give more than 30 minutes time, honestly, especially if she will have checked baggage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.