Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

We are due to move over to cyprus in Spring next year and have arranged a one way flight and a hotel for a week whilst we look for a house. If it ends up taking longer we will simply extend our stay until we find a place. i wanted to arrange some viewings or at least establish contact with some estate agents before we come over to try and save some time once we arrive.

The only problem we have is we have searched extensively on the internet and sent emails to several agents but we have heard nothing back to confirm they are willing to do this when the time comes- i appreciate it is 6 months away however we asked for confirmation this would be something they could arrange. It is frustrating as not a single company has acknowledged our emails.

does anybody know any reliable agents in Limassol or even let us know if this is a service that isn't generally offered, just so I know who contact or indeed whether I should lower my expectations and be prepared to hit the ground running when i get there!

thanks in advance

George

·
Registered
5 Posts
moving over

I think you will find that since you are not coming over for 6 months they can't be bothered to answer you. They will definately arrange bookings for you as they are desperate for business. I suggest you contact them nearer the time and they then can advise you of the properties on their books that would be available to you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all

We are due to move over to cyprus in Spring next year and have arranged a one way flight and a hotel for a week whilst we look for a house. If it ends up taking longer we will simply extend our stay until we find a place. i wanted to arrange some viewings or at least establish contact with some estate agents before we come over to try and save some time once we arrive.

The only problem we have is we have searched extensively on the internet and sent emails to several agents but we have heard nothing back to confirm they are willing to do this when the time comes- i appreciate it is 6 months away however we asked for confirmation this would be something they could arrange. It is frustrating as not a single company has acknowledged our emails.

does anybody know any reliable agents in Limassol or even let us know if this is a service that isn't generally offered, just so I know who contact or indeed whether I should lower my expectations and be prepared to hit the ground running when i get there!

thanks in advance

George
I tried to chat to a few people before I moved over but nobody acknowledged my emails or calls either. I wouldn't worry about getting a feel for the market, necessarily, as it is likely to have changed by the time you move and you will only really work things out by actually getting out here and looking. When I moved over (to Nicosia) I found agents surprisingly responsive - I would call in the morning and have viewings that afternoon. It is very important to only contact registered agents, however, as there have been lot of horror stories here relating to property transactions - I hope this link is helpful in the meantime:
http://www.cyprus-property-buyers.com/files/registered_real_estate_agents.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.