Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need some urgent advice.

I just applied for the General Skilled Migrant Visa yesterday online. I did not sent any documents as I will post them.

Just after I submitted my application I noticed that my postive skills assessment letter from the ACS had an incorrect year for one of my previous jobs. It stated I commenced employment on 1 Nov 2004 when it was actually 2005. I looked back on my application to ACS and my reference for that job did have the year 2004 not 2005. And so did my resume - I dont know how I made such an oversight and error. It might not be so bad but the job in question was in London I didnt actually move to the UK until 2005.

So now I dont know what to do. It would not have effected my result with the ACS as I still have over 4 years experience but I dont know who to contact now?

DO I contact the ACS and tell them what has happened - or do I contact the DIAC?. Could my application be rejected outright now or does anyone know if I could get the ACS to issue me with a letter of explanation. I have requested a new correct reference from the eomployer in question.

Any help great appreciated - I am at my wits end,

Regards,
JK

·
Registered
173 Posts
Don't worry about the dates mentioned in the skill assessment, as long as you get the positive result. Because they will take these date as per their criteria. Like if your experience start on 29 of a month they will consider the following month as start date. So don't worry about the dates. I think its ok if you submit your ACS positive skill assessment letter to DIAC along with your application.

Hi,

I need some urgent advice.

I just applied for the General Skilled Migrant Visa yesterday online. I did not sent any documents as I will post them.

Just after I submitted my application I noticed that my postive skills assessment letter from the ACS had an incorrect year for one of my previous jobs. It stated I commenced employment on 1 Nov 2004 when it was actually 2005. I looked back on my application to ACS and my reference for that job did have the year 2004 not 2005. And so did my resume - I dont know how I made such an oversight and error. It might not be so bad but the job in question was in London I didnt actually move to the UK until 2005.

So now I dont know what to do. It would not have effected my result with the ACS as I still have over 4 years experience but I dont know who to contact now?

DO I contact the ACS and tell them what has happened - or do I contact the DIAC?. Could my application be rejected outright now or does anyone know if I could get the ACS to issue me with a letter of explanation. I have requested a new correct reference from the eomployer in question.

Any help great appreciated - I am at my wits end,

Regards,
JK

·
Registered
4 Posts
mrmsml, thanks for the advice, but what if the mentioned designation in the assessment result letter doesn't matches with the one in experience letter, resume and Assessment form; will it be fine also otherwise what should I do? I emailed them the problem about 2 days ago but didn't received a reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts