Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lived in france on and on since 2004. Both my children were born here. Last March (2011) I finally sent of for a new carte vitale - with photo. (I had been sent the form a while back!)

To date I have never received it. RAM tell me it is nothing to do with them, and CPAM have also told me the same thing. Too complicate matters I shut my auto entrpreneur scheme in November 2010, as I was in NZ at the time. I reopened the scheme in 2011, (stupidly it seems on line) but unfortunaltey for me URSSAF have decided not to honour my application. They do not like what I have done, and have told me that I will just have too wait until they are ready too honour it!! (THey have several cases on their desk, apparently!!)

So I have no carte vitale (which I am sure is a legal requirement having 2 young children), so trying to get my feuille de soins honoured is a night mare. Also at some point surely URSAF are going to finally want their cotisations money out of me!??! I have also discovered after all these years that because I am on a very low income I should not be paying medical cover, but should be getting help from CMU, something else that seems to be a nightmare tryinmg too claim (after 7months!!)

I finally managed to get RSA assistance, but it seems the less I earn the less they pay me, because I cannot prove that I am separated from my husband. He is and has lived in NZ since 2008!!. I have tried applying to the Greffe Grand Tribunal in Limoges, as advised, for a letter of separation, as stating I had done so in NZ with IRD - Inland Revenue (which is what you do there) does not mean anything here, and also engaged an 'avocat' here as advised. Neither seem to be forthcoming.

Please, please can any one help. I am trying my damdest too earn money, though probably not legally by the looks of it, and trying to instigate some sort of normallity for my kids, but if I cannot even provide the basics, like medical cover, although bizarrely they are covered by the medical insurance part!!! Just cannot take them to the doc in the first place!!

I am broke, and fed up of living on the charity of my parents. Can some one advise me, and at least point me in the right direction.

·
Administrator
51,953 Posts
Normally, the requirement for having a valid carte vitale is that you must have worked (and paid your cotisations) for some minimum period of time during the prior calendar year. It may be your on-again, off-again residency that is confusing the issue.

In your situation, I would go to the local mairie and ask to see their person in charge of assistance. They're normally the best resource when you need to coordinate a number of divergent aid programs.

You may want to take a look at the Service Public pages on Social-Santé which include info on the minima sociaux, RSA and other programs which may apply. Social - Santé - Service-public.fr
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.