Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there 2 Cypruses? Cos I think I got the wrong plane, I wanted the hot sunny one not the one like England where it rains in May!! :)#

What is with this weather? People keep warning me saying "wait til summer, you won't be able to stand it!" Well they are right, I can't stand this weather, especially if it doesn't get ridiculously hot soon! I'm beginning to get paranoid, thinking it's me that has brought the bad weather to Cyprus, I should do a tour of all the drought-stricken countries I am sure it would rapidly turn them in to swampland!! :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Are there 2 Cypruses? Cos I think I got the wrong plane, I wanted the hot sunny one not the one like England where it rains in May!! :)#

What is with this weather? People keep warning me saying "wait til summer, you won't be able to stand it!" Well they are right, I can't stand this weather, especially if it doesn't get ridiculously hot soon! I'm beginning to get paranoid, thinking it's me that has brought the bad weather to Cyprus, I should do a tour of all the drought-stricken countries I am sure it would rapidly turn them in to swampland!! :)
I thought the same this time last year! I had visitors due, oh no, they are going to be moaning, and it turned out to be a heat wave in June! Yes, they were still moaning...it was too hot.

Just wait, it's around the corner.

Rhodes (and others arrive) today from the UK, no doubt he'll have a comment to make about the weather !!;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the same this time last year! I had visitors due, oh no, they are going to be moaning, and it turned out to be a heat wave in June! Yes, they were still moaning...it was too hot.

Just wait, it's around the corner.

Rhodes (and others arrive) today from the UK, no doubt he'll have a comment to make about the weather !!;)

I never again want to utter the words "if it's nice at weekend...", I thought that I left that little phrase back in Blighty!

Bring on the heat! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In a month or so, you will be longing for the cooler weather again!!
Not me, I went to Dubai in Summer and caught a cold! lol :D

Lornic, you are in Pyla! That is near Larnaca isn't it? What's it like there? Is there a Turkish community? I looked on Google maps and saw a Turkish school, do you know anything about the school? Tell me everything you know...please! :D

We are thinking to visit Pyla this weekend "if the weather's nice" just to have a little look around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not me, I went to Dubai in Summer and caught a cold! lol :D

Lornic, you are in Pyla! That is near Larnaca isn't it? What's it like there? Is there a Turkish community? I looked on Google maps and saw a Turkish school, do you know anything about the school? Tell me everything you know...please! :D

We are thinking to visit Pyla this weekend "if the weather's nice" just to have a little look around.

Hi CliveO. Sorry for the late reply. I flew to the UK on the day of my first post and have only just come back.

The villa has both Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot communities, so there are two of most things - schools, places of worship, coffee houses and supermarkets! I confess that I know very little more than this as we live just outside the buffer zone in a new development, where most of our neighbours are expats....... We haven't tried either of the coffee places but we do sometimes use the Turkish Cypriot supermarket, where you can get very cheap eggs and bread :D. We love it here as it is friendly, quiet and there is a lot of open space for the labs to have a good run.

Did you make it over for a visit?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi CliveO. Sorry for the late reply. I flew to the UK on the day of my first post and have only just come back.

The villa has both Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot communities, so there are two of most things - schools, places of worship, coffee houses and supermarkets! I confess that I know very little more than this as we live just outside the buffer zone in a new development, where most of our neighbours are expats....... We haven't tried either of the coffee places but we do sometimes use the Turkish Cypriot supermarket, where you can get very cheap eggs and bread :D. We love it here as it is friendly, quiet and there is a lot of open space for the labs to have a good run.

Did you make it over for a visit?
No, never managed it over, just been mad busy. I am a web designer and I have been promising a website to someone since I got here in December...no rest for the wicked I guess! Must have been a past life, cos I don't remember being wicked in this one! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, not biting my tongue yet, but I am loving the weather a bit more now. Just a little bit warmer and Im in heaven! Strange thing is, it seems to be hotter at night than it is during the day, What's all that about?
It's very breezy at night in Larnaca, just 12-2 which is icky and sticky at the moment.

I'm with you on that front, the warmer the better I say!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts