Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and I were thinking of writing our signatures on our own letters of introduction; is that of any importance? He is going to have to sign his letter, scan it, and send it to me to print; would that still be acceptable as being properly signed by him?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whether the letters bear real signatures or not is immaterial.
Ah, alrighty.

His letter needs to be original, not scanned.
Alright. Well I guess we shouldn't have to worry about scanning if signatures aren't important. He doesn't have time to finish his letter and send it with other documents, so I'll just print it out here when he's done.

·
Registered
39,247 Posts
Since he is your sponsor, whatever that bears his name is from him - it doesn't have to be authenticated by his real signature. It would be different when your employer authenticates online payslips - real signature is needed for authenticity.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One last thing: my partner keeps suggesting that I print his and his parent's introduction letters in typical UK A4 paper instead of Letter like we have here. To kinda more suggest their paperwork is from the UK. Is he just being silly with something that subtle?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
If you can easily print on A4 then do so, but it won't be the cause for a refusal. They understand that there are different paper size standards in the US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.