Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something which I am curious about. The schools are not closed until Friday and I wanted to know if it is ok if a pupil takes the day or days off this week.
Will the parents get into trouble if they do not provide a reason why the pupil is not at school?
I know that in the UK the pupils must attend every day even the ones leading up to the holidays or the parents must provide a letter to the school.
What I really want to know is.. Is this an offence of some sort to keep your pupil off school without any explanation? Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
If your child doesn't attend school (for any reason) you have to send in a letter explaining why. If not your child will get "an unexplained absence" on their record. If they get 'x' amount of unexplained absences they could fail the year or even worse, fail their VCE studies if they are in Year 11 or 12).

Both my boys are now off school, although years 7, 8 and 9 are still at school doing their orientation weeks, they finish this week. Our eldest has now finished school (he was in year 12) and our other son has just finished year 10.

Dolly

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your child doesn't attend school (for any reason) you have to send in a letter explaining why. If not your child will get "an unexplained absence" on their record. If they get 'x' amount of unexplained absences they could fail the year or even worse, fail their VCE studies if they are in Year 11 or 12).

Both my boys are now off school, although years 7, 8 and 9 are still at school doing their orientation weeks, they finish this week. Our eldest has now finished school (he was in year 12) and our other son has just finished year 10.

Dolly
Thank you so much for your speedy reply.. I had an idea this was not allowed as such..but just wanted to know how it worked over here..again much obliged for your help.. a brilliant site and so helpful.. welldone!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts