Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully his introduction letter is good and includes everything it needs to say. I do worry that it might be a bit too long. Let me know if we missed anything! Thanks!

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

This is a letter of sponsorship for my fiancee _______, for her application for the United Kingdom settlement visa.

I first met _____ online in 2014 as we were playing the same games online.
We struck up a friendship and spent everyday in contact. We commenced a long distance relationship within a few months and I flew to the US in January 2016 to meet for the first time. We spent 11 days together and spent most of our time in and around _____, visiting wildlife parks, aquariums, pool halls, lots of shopping and eating out in sushi bars as it is ____ favorite food and other restaurants. My favorite memory from the first trip would be picking up ___ dogs and spending a day in the park together, for ___ to be able to share with me a part of her life which was so dear to her meant a great deal to me.

Our last day together in _____ we went to the national park before _____ drove me to the airport, it was one of the hardest things I have had to do leaving her to fly home, and I knew that we would do everything possible in the future to make sure we could spend the rest of our lives together

Over the course of the next 16 months we took another 4 holidays together in various countries, Dublin, Lido which is just south of Venice, Tenerife, and different locations in the UK. While taking a holiday together in London in July 2016 we spent a day with my Brother and his wife who were very pleased for us.

I proposed while spending a week away at a cottage in ______. We rented a small cottage and spent 6 days just relaxing in each others company taking walks along the canal and vising local attractions like ______.

I have spent many hours in touch with _____ family online and they are just as excited at the prospect of us finally being able to live together in the UK and get married as my fiancee and I am.

We share many of the same interest's, my fiancee has a wonderful sense of humor and is one of the most caring people I have had the pleasure of spending time with. We both greatly enjoy music and will often spend an evening together
on Skype listening to music of various artists for hours that we both have an affiliation for. As we do with Films, whilst on most of our trips together we have gone to the cinema to see films which we both enjoy, primarily sci-fi genre.
Gaming would be our primary hobby and, when ever we have spare time we both enjoy playing online games with each other. We are deeply committed to each other, and now we wish to strengthen that by getting married and living together in the UK.

We decided we wanted to live in the UK because I have a well paying secure job and feel its the best move for the two of us. I will support her until she is able to work and finds a job she wants. After our wedding in the UK we will eventually be looking for another property to rent or purchase so we have our own home. In the mean time my mother has given _____ and I the whole use of her second property at ________________ for as long as we need.

Yours sincerely,

Here are his letter regarding his pay slips from his boss

Dear Entrance Clearance Officer,
United Kingdom Visas and Immigration

SUBJECT: Authenticity of Employers Payslips

I, _______ is the legal representative of _____. I am writing with regards to the authenticity of payslips which have been issued to our current employee _____

The six months of printed payslips dating from January 2017 to June 2017, are authentic and have been issued digitally by our accounting department. The payslips are sent through our electronic mail to all of our employees and the payment of salary is made at the end of each month. The payments are deposited directly into a personal bank account.

The following are the total Gross payments made to _____ from January 2017

January 2017 - 1922.74
February 2017 - 1936.40
March 2017 - 1621.82
April - 1713.54
May - 1621.00
June - 1631.70

At the end of January of 2017 it was agreed by ____ and _____ to pay him at an hourly rate for that month instead of his salary because he worked more than expected and would earn more in January 2017 this way.

____ has been working for____ since February 2016 and is under a permanent contract with our company since his promotion to Assistant Manager in January 2017.

Should you require any further information regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me on the telephone number or email below.

Yours Faithfully

Signature

Email: __________
Mobile Phone Number: ________

Here is his employment letter

Dear Entrance Clearance Officer,
United Kingdom Visas and Immigration

I am writing to confirm that ________ is an employee of this office at ________. He commenced employment on February 2016 and is now on a permanent contract as of January 1st 2017. ________ works 50 hours a week and his gross annual salary is £18,750, this does not include any tips, lieu days or overtime in the calculation. He has been on this salary since January 1st, 2017 when he was promoted to assistant manager.

You will find enclosed his contract

Should you require any further information regarding this matter please feel free to contact me.

Yours Faithfully
________
________

Signature

Email: __________
Mobile Phone Number: ________

And finally my introduction letter if you make it this far. Eek.

Dear Entry Clearance Officer,

_______ and I first met each other in a video game online in 2014.
In July 2014 we began sending each other e-mails to communicate.
From there we moved on to Skype where we call each other daily (minus the rare occasion) and talk for hours. We both have Skype on our computers and phones so we can text or call at any time. We use our webcams, send pictures of our daily life, send gifts, and are very affectionate. We share our hobbies including playing video games together, and watching tv/movies together online.

In 2015 we started planning our first visit to see each other in _____, Texas.
We both took time off of work for January 2016 and _____ flew to to meet me for the first time. It was an amazing visit together and I loved showing him around and just spending every day together as a couple. After that visit I applied for a passport so I could see _____ again. Then I went to visit him in July 2016, November 2016, and March 2017. We try to see each other as much as we can in person! Around every 4-5 months we get to. We share the cost of the visits, we both pick out places to go, and plan what to do.

In July 2016 we stayed in London, England and then took a flight together to Venice, Italy and stayed near by in Lido, and then we flew to Dublin, Ireland and spent a day there before my flight took off from there back to Texas, USA.

In November 2016 we stayed in ____, England in a cozy cottage and took a day trip to _____, England.

In March 2017 we stayed in London, England and then took a flight together to Tenerife, Spain.

On our trip in November 2016 _____ bought me a beautiful ring in Warwick, England and proposed! We then started looking into getting married, being together in person, and applying for a visa. We decided on moving to the UK as _____ has a great, steady job there, and his mother has given us the sole use of her second property in ____ as long as we need. We will eventually look for our own home together once we are more settled. I also plan to look for a job as soon as I can work over there as I have worked the past five years and want to help support us living together.

If you have any questions my number is ________
and my email is ___________

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Reading quickly, they sound ok. Just leave out the bit about taking her to the airport - cringeworthy. The cover letters should be factual, unemotional and in business language.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reading through the cringe and looking over everything Joppa!! Haha.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Also leave out precise dates in cover letters. Just a general description, like 3 times in the next 4 years, conveys the same message and much easier for the reader to get the picture

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.