Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello Guys,

Although i'm not from India, i'm a fellow architects who is trying to migrate to Australia.

I guess the first step is to get your qualifications accessed by AACA since that is what I did. AACA did not check/consider any work experience for assessment. They only check your education and compares them with Australian standard. Assessment differs case by case and sometimes even graduates from the same institution can get different result assessment.

Later on if you claims any point for work employment during EOI will only you need to provide work employment proofs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello Guys,

Although i'm not from India, i'm a fellow architects who is trying to migrate to Australia.

I guess the first step is to get your qualifications accessed by AACA since that is what I did. AACA did not check/consider any work experience for assessment. They only check your education and compares them with Australian standard. Assessment differs case by case and sometimes even graduates from the same institution can get different result assessment.

Later on if you claims any point for work employment during EOI will only you need to provide work employment proofs.
Thanks for your reply.
May I know if we also require work proof to be assessed by some agency?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for your reply.
May I know if we also require work proof to be assessed by some agency?
For AACA assessment, no work proof is needed as they do not even take employment under consideration.

As for DIBP, they may request for work proof if you claimed points for skilled employment in your EOI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello Guys,

Hi,

It's great to hear from someone with a positive skills assessment from AACA. I am applying for my skills assessment as well. I have studied from India and my course had one semester of internship. The AACA guide states that they do not recognize any practical training which is a part of the coursework.
However, I have done my masters from London.
Would you help me with the following
1. Should I still apply as an Architect for my migration purposes and combine the two degrees?
2. Is it safer to apply as a draftsperson?

I would greatly appreciate your guidance.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.