Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey...i am an architect and i want to apply for permanent residency in Australia.
I need help in figuring out which test is appropriate for me; General or Academic. I have taken the test previously(academic) as well and did get a score of 7 in each band. I figured that if i take the test again and get an 8, it would save me much time and money. But i am confused about which module i should choose. Please help me!!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
hey...i am an architect and i want to apply for permanent residency in Australia.
I need help in figuring out which test is appropriate for me; General or Academic. I have taken the test previously(academic) as well and did get a score of 7 in each band. I figured that if i take the test again and get an 8, it would save me much time and money. But i am confused about which module i should choose. Please help me!!!!
Why do you want to go for IELTS again if you have 7 in each band? Are you falling short of points?

Also, how would you save time and money if you score 8 in each?

Moreover, have you finished the skills assessment? If not then there are a lot of changes happening in the migration process after 1 July 2012. I hope you have read all those on DIAC's website.

Reactions: nish_a

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you want to go for IELTS again if you have 7 in each band? Are you falling short of points?

Also, how would you save time and money if you score 8 in each?

Moreover, have you finished the skills assessment? If not then there are a lot of changes happening in the migration process after 1 July 2012. I hope you have read all those on DIAC's website.
Thank u so much for your reply. Yes, i am 10 points short due to which i will have to apply for state sponsorship. If i get an 8 then i wont have to go through that process. please correct me if i am worng.
And no, i havent finished the skills assessment. i hope i can get sth positive after reading what there is on DIAC's site.
Thanks a lot!! :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
And no, i havent finished the skills assessment.
Well in that case you would have to be a very lucky person to complete skills assessment and state sponsorship or IELTS 8 band before 30th June.

Make sure you read everything on SkillSelect. The migration process is moving towards an invitation based system from the existing points based one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really? When is the new rule going to b applied? And why has it not been mentioned in the migration website? In that case Do u think i'l make it if i apply for skill assessment anytime soon?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Really? When is the new rule going to b applied? And why has it not been mentioned in the migration website? In that case Do u think i'l make it if i apply for skill assessment anytime soon?
The new rules would apply if you are applying for the visa on or after 1st July 2012. Here is the link - Skillselect

There are different agencies appointed by DIAC for skills assessment. First find out which agency does the skills assessment for Architecture. Then go to their website and find out the avg time taken by them to do the assessment. Normally the agencies take anywhere from 4-12 weeks depending on the accuracy of the documents and their workload.

You have about 8 weeks to apply under the current system. You will have to do the math yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.