Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

I want to know what is the ideal time to arrange the PCC

What is the validity duration of PCC? As I am going for 176 in which CO is assigned under a month, would it be a problem if PCC is a month old?

Please comment

Thanks

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi everybody

What is the validity duration of PCC? As I am going for 176 in which CO is assigned under a month, would it be a problem if PCC is a month old?

Please comment

Thanks
PCC is valid for one year...I've had arranged a PCC on proactive basis to be provided to CO no sooner did s/he ask for the same but it got expired so I did make another one when was asked for....

Decide for yourself........some people do front load to expedite the whole process...

Thanks....

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
As you are from Pakistan, it is almost a certainty that you will have to undergo security checks, which can take upwards of 12 months.

As Hassan has stated, your PCC is only valid for one year from date of issue, hence it is better to wait for the CO to request it before you proceed as there is a chance that it will expire whilst your security checks are being carried out. There are instances where your PCC may be valid for longer than a year if you have not returned to the country of issue since the date that the PCC was issued.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@maz25
Since 2007 I am working in Kuwait, which is also country of my birth, and go to Pakistan for two to four weeks every year so I am assuming that CO will focus more on the PCC for Kuwait

@Hassan_Warraich
I was thinking the same to arrange PCC proactively and if it gets expired during the process I will apply for another one

My concern was if there was a possibility that CO might just reject the PCC straight away saying that it should have applied after I have asked for it :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
@maz25
Since 2007 I am working in Kuwait, which is also country of my birth, and go to Pakistan for two to four weeks every year so I am assuming that CO will focus more on the PCC for Kuwait

@Hassan_Warraich
I was thinking the same to arrange PCC proactively and if it gets expired during the process I will apply for another one

My concern was if there was a possibility that CO might just reject the PCC straight away saying that it should have applied after I have asked for it :confused:

Thanks
I don't think so ..Many of the members here have front uploaded PCC and Meds ..and CO was happy to take it as is..

·
Registered
179 Posts
djmalik,

Sorry to digress, your signature indicates that your VIC SS was granted in ~3 weeks and that is quick. Can you share some insights about your application.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sraza said:
djmalik,

Sorry to digress, your signature indicates that your VIC SS was granted in ~3 weeks and that is quick. Can you share some insights about your application.
I've sent a PM for the same

Sent from my XoOm using Expat Forum

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How can we front load Med as well? Is medical test same for all candidates as it is mentioned on DIAC website that the applicant can be asked for checkup from panel doctors or X-ray or even both. Apart from X-ray what I know is that we have to do blood and urine test..is HIV test compulsory and is that included in the blood test? The reason why I am asking is this because in Kuwait clinic has to send the blood sample somewhere outside for HIV test which can take up to 10 days

·
Registered
628 Posts
How can we front load Med as well? Is medical test same for all candidates as it is mentioned on DIAC website that the applicant can be asked for checkup from panel doctors or X-ray or even both. Apart from X-ray what I know is that we have to do blood and urine test..is HIV test compulsory and is that included in the blood test? The reason why I am asking is this because in Kuwait clinic has to send the blood sample somewhere outside for HIV test which can take up to 10 days

Lodge your 176 application and get that TRN number and ask your diagnostic center whether all applicant details are visible on their system so that they can upload after meds are done. Not sure if they are listed on their system only after CO request for it but just check with diagnostic center itself on this.

Medical tests for individuals depends on applicants age. If aged over 18 or above I think all tests will be take like physical examination of your body by a panel doctor, general queries he will ask like previous major health conditions, then x ray of your chest, blood and urine sample will be collected for further analysis.

For my kid, only physical examination of doctor was done along with inspection of his vaccination certificate.

Check this thread for my exp with medicals http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ustralia/103121-victoria-ss-timelines-22.html

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
There's no problem if the PCC is one month old.
Do keep in mind that the initial entry date is usually one year from the date of PCC/Medical (which ever comes earlier).

also AFAIK, PCC is done only when you show the letter from CO which explicitly states that DIAC has asked for PCC (this is the case at least in a few states in India;not sure abt your state but it would be worthwhile to check it).

Hi everybody

Please comment

Thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
HIV test is compulsory ....

·
Registered
134 Posts
I logged my 175 application online in Feb 2012. I plan to start PCC process in June 2012 for the below reasons:
1. I need PCC from FBI which I have heard takes about 2 months to get. So by the time I get it will be end of August. I am hoping that I will get a CO assigned by Oct 2012. If everything goes well then I will be asked to enter Australia before the PCC expires, which I am guessing will be August 2013.
2. I also need PCC from India and I plan to start the process in June 2012. I need to apply for Indian PCC from the Indian consulate in Chicago. From what I understand the process laid out in their websit it might take 2 months to get it. So again I am expecting to get this end of August 2012.

I am currently in USA and will be leaving for India end of Sep 2012 so I want get these done before I leave USA as I hear both these process are less hassel when done in the USA. Of course I am hoping everything works out for the best and go as per the plan. Fingers Crossed.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Why do you wanna wait for your FBI PCC and then put up your file.You will be losing precious time in this process.
DIAC will give you time to get the FBI PCC so do not worry abt that..Its more important to put up your file so that a CO is allotted at the earliest..
I had applied for FBI PCC while in India.I sent an email to the CO explaining him that the PCC is gonna take 3 months and he was fine with it...

I logged my 175 application online in Feb 2012. I plan to start PCC process in June 2012 for the below reasons:
1. I need PCC from FBI which I have heard takes about 2 months to get. So by the time I get it will be end of August. I am hoping that I will get a CO assigned by Oct 2012. If everything goes well then I will be asked to enter Australia before the PCC expires, which I am guessing will be August 2013.
2. I also need PCC from India and I plan to start the process in June 2012. I need to apply for Indian PCC from the Indian consulate in Chicago. From what I understand the process laid out in their websit it might take 2 months to get it. So again I am expecting to get this end of August 2012.

I am currently in USA and will be leaving for India end of Sep 2012 so I want get these done before I leave USA as I hear both these process are less hassel when done in the USA. Of course I am hoping everything works out for the best and go as per the plan. Fingers Crossed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Why do you wanna wait for your FBI PCC and then put up your file.You will be losing precious time in this process.
DIAC will give you time to get the FBI PCC so do not worry abt that..Its more important to put up your file so that a CO is allotted at the earliest..
I had applied for FBI PCC while in India.I sent an email to the CO explaining him that the PCC is gonna take 3 months and he was fine with it...
I have already loged my 175 application file with DIAC in Feb 2012.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
630 Posts
@maz25

@Hassan_Warraich

Thanks
Hey Djmalik, where you born and raised in Kuwait and lived your whole life there ? Did you ever live in Pakistan for more than 6 months ?

Let us know, if u never lived / worked in pakistan i think in ur case you won't even need a PCC from pakistan itself and maybe skip security check if you never lived there (speculation only ! ) , unless security check purely based on your passport .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.