Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have been advised to contact Health Undertaking Service (HUS) at 1800 811 334 for some medical checkup following my arrival in Australia. I have signed Form 815 for the same.

Just wanted to know what all documents do I need to carry for the appointment. I had emailed at [email protected] but they did not responded :(

Actually, I am there just for a Visa validation trip for 5 days and I wanted to get the health checkup done in this time frame.

Please share you experience regarding this health check up.

Regards.

Reactions: Roje

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dear All,

I have been advised to contact Health Undertaking Service (HUS) at 1800 811 334 for some medical checkup following my arrival in Australia. I have signed Form 815 for the same.

Just wanted to know what all documents do I need to carry for the appointment. I had emailed at [email protected] but they did not responded :(

Actually, I am there just for a Visa validation trip for 5 days and I wanted to get the health checkup done in this time frame.

Regards.
Hi Shekky,

Did you managed to get an appointment?
Would you like to share for which medical conditionyou signed Health Undertaking?

Visa granted after how long since you furnished Health Undertaking?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shelly,

Can you advise as to how things progressed in your case as I am in a similar state.

Thanks

Dear All,

Regards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bumping this thread, I would like to know the procedures and how fast does it take. I will be flying to Melbourne for a 10-day trip, and would like to know whether I can get my health check up done in that time frame.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Everyone,

My apologies for getting back to you late on this, was just too busy with tons of things around me.

Well, booking an appointment with HUS takes few months. So, you can call them one you have landed there finally not in a Visa validation trip.

I am flying next week and will book an appointment then.

Regards.

Reactions: _shel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone

I am in perth and trying calling health undertaking department 1800811324 but there ia no response and 3 weeks have already passed. I have mailed my CO and health.operations.centre] but in vain. I have also contacted vatious medical centres but they also could'nt help. Can anyone please guide me if there is any alternate contact no. Or a way to contact them as i fear non compliance if i am unable to contact and would have to bear consequences.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi aus_85,

you probably mistyped, but make sure that you dial 1800 811 334 (Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm AEST). Source: Health Undertakings. If you called the correct number, the long Easter-ANZAC-Day week could be the cause why you were not getting through.

Are you in Australia? Note that cannot dial an 1800 (toll-free) number from outside Australia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Espresso,

Yeah I mistyped the no.
Sorry for that but I was dialling the correct no. and I'm in australia. Thankfully I just got the confirmation via email that my registration for undertaking has been done via email. Now my appointment would be finalized within a month. So they are replying the emails.

Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello guys.

I also signed form 815 which obliges me to contact with HUS within 28 days after my first arrival. Could you share your experience regarding the time it usually takes one to book an appointment with HUS.

Thank you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Guys, is it possible just to call to HUS after the first arrival but undergo medical check after the second arrival. The thing is that I was given too short period for the first entry but have a lot of things to handle with in my home country.

I would appreciate any advice or story based on own experience.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm going to OZ for a couple of weeks just to activate visa. Certainly, I will make a call and write an e-mail to HUS. Will there any consequences if leave OZ before HUS respond me?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Im sailing in the same boat.. I too got Form 815 for my spouse.. we are going on visa validation trip this March 2015.. this is for a week's time.. can someone help me how to book appointment for HUS within this time frame.. Even though we got our grant on Dec2014, our first entry date was before May'15 which is too short

·
Registered
193 Posts
Im sailing in the same boat.. I too got Form 815 for my spouse.. we are going on visa validation trip this March 2015.. this is for a week's time.. can someone help me how to book appointment for HUS within this time frame.. Even though we got our grant on Dec2014, our first entry date was before May'15 which is too short
There is no way to book an appointment for health undertaking withing a week as it usually take 1-3 months for NSW.

·
Registered
339 Posts
There is no way to book an appointment for health undertaking withing a week as it usually take 1-3 months for NSW.
What if you do not get booked in 28 days after you arrival?

Just called the number given at https://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/health-undertakings.htm

The guy on the phone told me that only way to do booking for HUS is through e-mail. God knows how well the email is tracked by BUPA. I am gonna send an email right away and let's see how long it will take them to get back to me.

Will keep you guys posted as I make any progress in this regard.

Btw, I just arrived in Sydney on the first day of 2015. It is summer here and I always make mistake saying it is month of June or July.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did anybody try to contact HUS via [email protected] or [email protected]? Recently I made a call to NSW HUS but got auto-reply with advice to send enquires to these e-mails.
I was just told by BUPA services to send an email with my details to [email protected] and they will then deal with your health undertaking process. I will send it soon though I am not very convinced about doing things over the emails. Not very effective and efficient.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts