Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Hoping if someone can shed some light on the following.

My wife has just been to her appointment for spouse visa to submit the documents.

At the appointment they gave her a sheet with 15 entries, where she has to tick what documents she is submitting. For example entry 3 in the document says "One recent phortograph as per UKVI guidelines" and entry 6 says "Evidence of employment and all income stated on application form...".

Now for some reason, the lady at the center told my wife she doesn't need to tick anything, only that she is submitting a passport. Doesn't that seem odd? I mean they can obviously see the documents we've submitted physically, but does it really not matter to put ticks on the sheet for the documents we're submitting?

Also the lady told my wife we didn't have to pay for the NHS fee, as only study visas need to pay for it! They took the reference anyway, but I am really surprised they said that.

Has anyone else had similar situation? Seriously it just feels the people at the appointment center haven't got a clue for some reason!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,191 Posts
The woman at the appointment centre is WRONG, full stop.

If the checklist on the application that she filled out specifies to fill in the check box of the items that she's sending in, I'd go by that and cross-check them on the sheet that she was given... may end up being overkill, but if the sheet that she was given says to mark the boxes, I'd do what the sheet says.

The woman at the appointment is setting people up for failure!!!! How is the UKVI to know if one has paid the fee or not if the payment letter (which I would take is a required item, yes? I think it asks for a reference number, so submitting a copy of the payment receipt would be helpful) hasn't been submitted?!?! All visas of 6 (six) months duration or longer require the IHS payment.

I would be inclined to have a word with the UKVI to tell them about your wife's recent experiences. Whilst they aren't directly responsible for the hiring and training of the staffers who attended to your wife (most likely the woman at the appointment was someone who works for a contracted third party), they can have a word with the people who operate the office where your wife attended. According to the Home Office website (in the above-noted link):

...You have a right to comment or complain, and it is in our interest to hear from you. We want to resolve your complaint so that we can improve our service. We will treat your application separately from your complaint and will decide it impartially, taking account of all the relevant circumstances.

Complaints do not affect our decision-making process and making a complaint does not mean that your application will be dealt with more quickly or more slowly.
so your comments/concerns won't have an impact on how the application is adjudicated.

Good luck to you and your wife! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The woman at the appointment centre is WRONG, full stop.

If the checklist on the application that she filled out specifies to fill in the check box of the items that she's sending in, I'd go by that and cross-check them on the sheet that she was given... may end up being overkill, but if the sheet that she was given says to mark the boxes, I'd do what the sheet says.

The woman at the appointment is setting people up for failure!!!! How is the UKVI to know if one has paid the fee or not if the payment letter (which I would take is a required item, yes? I think it asks for a reference number, so submitting a copy of the payment receipt would be helpful) hasn't been submitted?!?! All visas of 6 (six) months duration or longer require the IHS payment.

I would be inclined to have a word with the UKVI to tell them about your wife's recent experiences. Whilst they aren't directly responsible for the hiring and training of the staffers who attended to your wife (most likely the woman at the appointment was someone who works for a contracted third party), they can have a word with the people who operate the office where your wife attended. According to the Home Office website (in the above-noted link):

so your comments/concerns won't have an impact on how the application is adjudicated.

Good luck to you and your wife! :)
Thanks for your reply.

Do you think the checklist not being filled will have any affect on the application decision?

·
Super Moderator
18,086 Posts
It's actually all visas longer than 6 months which require you to pay the NHS surcharge. 6 month visas including visit visas and fiance visas do not require you to pay the NHS surcharge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's actually all visas longer than 6 months which require you to pay the NHS surcharge. 6 month visas including visit visas and fiance visas do not require you to pay the NHS surcharge.
Yes that's what I thought and like I said we gave them the cover sheet with the IHS reference anyway just in case.

Have you got any comment on the part where they told her she doesn't need to fill the checklist sheet? As I said we have obviously submitted the documents physically, but I don't know if not filling the checklist will have any impact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.