Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know I have settlement visa of uk. My husband is British Citizen.I have a child of my ex husband. Could I apply my child visaon my behalf or it should be done by my husband

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you please explain it. And how can I get ILR and how much it takes time to get( indefinite leave to remain) in uk

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
You can apply for ILR after you have been in the UK for 5 years on a spouse visa and after you have passed the Life in the UK test and an English language test if applicable.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Your son applies for leave to enter himself, but normally you apply on his behalf but in his name. So if the application asks 'give details of your parents', you have to write down your details. Normally there is no financial requirement, but your son must meet the adequate maintenance requirement of not being a burden on the state. You must complete Appendix 2 under adequate maintenance. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._and_accommodation_Appendix_FM_Annex_1.7A.pdf

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi I have 3 year spouse visa uk.kindly guide me if I want to bring my kids (under 12 years )in uk then what requirements I would fulfill according ukba..I have a personal home of my husband in uk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.