Hi Reddy.n,I recently applied for and got VIC SS. For Computing Professionals, It is good to wait for ACS assessment and then apply for VIC SS. Otherwise, the chances of VIC SS approval may be very low.
There is no fee for VIC SS Application. You must declare how much assets you will bring in to Victoria if VIC gives SS. It is good to say 25K for main applicant and 10K for first dependent and 5K for each additional dependent. If you declare more, the chances of SS are better. While VIC does not ask you for Bank statement, they want to make sure you can stay put in VIC for *at least few months* before you can get a job.
To know about the SS Application procedure, visit liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au website, create free account and start a application process. Your application will be active for 30 days and you can revise your application any number of times during that time. You must submit your application within 30 days of starting the process. If you don't submit within 30 days time, it will be deleted and you will need to create application all over again.
This is what I sent on PM. This is no guide, but I took these points in to consideration to decide on 176 SS Category:-Hi reddy
I'd suggest you share everything here, we are no experts but we always express our opinion here so that everyone can benefit from the same.
Thx a lot for your comments and assistance, Two things are confusingThis is what I sent on PM. This is no guide, but I took these points in to consideration to decide on 176 SS Category:-
You will probably need to read the following. It's all my speculation.
, It only costs you two years time within the sponsored state.
"Want to stay only at particular state" sounds great for me, as Melborne looks me more comfertable and liveable for Asian community and less expensive, more or less well IT jobs as compare to Sydney, Pearth etc (These are my view points, other might not agree)people opt for ss when they are either sure they want to stay only at that particualr state or when they are short of points, third is for those who do not fall in MODL or CSL abut their skill is in state list, which gives them higher priority which means quicker processing (faster thn being just on SOL). why ppl dont go for 176 is because of being restricted for 2 years, they want to keep their option open and want to make sure if they dont like the state they are in, they can freely move around and choose another city.
Not sure about Network Security. But in general, for Computing Professionals, based on number of jobs in each state, NSW takes the lead with around 35% share. VIC is second with around 30% share. Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth come in at around 10-15% each.So what is your opinion about Victoria state?
To the best of my knowledge, none of any applicant for VIC SS has been asked for B/S, but it doesn't mean that they wont, they might be, so what is the harm in applying, Its free of cost, and 15 min process, but very frankly If u r IT professional and having specializatio in "Network Security" their 70% chances u will be rejected, but try your luck, u might be in those 30%, probability is their, I think they have plenty of IT's in VIC.i cant show the bank stmt of AUD25k. so im jus thinking of applying r not.
i cant show them 3 months stmt...wat i hav to do?
guys...can u suggest me?
Our worksheet had:-can u tell me wat is that...' I sent a worksheet to re-confirm how much funds are available with us. ' u shown to them ?