Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

I am waiting for ACS skill assesment result. Hoping for CSL (Java) nomination for 2231-79 ASCO.

Can I apply for victoria state sponsorship without waiting for ACS results ?
That will shorten my 176 visa timing ?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you have to provide your skill assessment proof to be eligible.. skill assessment is the first step to everything

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure, The site doesnt say so. Even we can process in the online application selecting "No" for ACS assesment.

Also, I checked one post from someone telling he had applied for that, and received the sponsorship with a condition mentioning that sponsorship is only active when the ACS skill assesment is completed, but he had got the sponsorship in advance.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi,

I am too awaiting for my ACS result but late due to Xmas eve.and after getting it my agent will send the paperbased 175 application.

I am also interested to apply for Vic SS, but confusion is that my agent only know about 175 and have not much knowledge of 176. I heard that VIC SS dont ask for Bank statement like that for proof of funds is that correct?

2. Will this gona be a paper based or online application, I am asking this coz I dont have a Credit card but I do have a Debit card (but it is not VISA, its a local brand),will i be able to apply online with this?any particular insight?

3. Which Document are to be uploaded?

Can anyone advise how to proceed for VIC SS, sometime i wish that I could cancelout that bozo agent and do it myself.

Help me plz!

Thx!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you can call them and ask.. I am not sure..

·
Registered
98 Posts
I recently applied for and got VIC SS. For Computing Professionals, It is good to wait for ACS assessment and then apply for VIC SS. Otherwise, the chances of VIC SS approval may be very low.

There is no fee for VIC SS Application. You must declare how much assets you will bring in to Victoria if VIC gives SS. It is good to say 25K for main applicant and 10K for first dependent and 5K for each additional dependent. If you declare more, the chances of SS are better. While VIC does not ask you for Bank statement, they want to make sure you can stay put in VIC for *at least few months* before you can get a job.

To know about the SS Application procedure, visit liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au website, create free account and start a application process. Your application will be active for 30 days and you can revise your application any number of times during that time. You must submit your application within 30 days of starting the process. If you don't submit within 30 days time, it will be deleted and you will need to create application all over again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I recently applied for and got VIC SS. For Computing Professionals, It is good to wait for ACS assessment and then apply for VIC SS. Otherwise, the chances of VIC SS approval may be very low.

There is no fee for VIC SS Application. You must declare how much assets you will bring in to Victoria if VIC gives SS. It is good to say 25K for main applicant and 10K for first dependent and 5K for each additional dependent. If you declare more, the chances of SS are better. While VIC does not ask you for Bank statement, they want to make sure you can stay put in VIC for *at least few months* before you can get a job.

To know about the SS Application procedure, visit liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au website, create free account and start a application process. Your application will be active for 30 days and you can revise your application any number of times during that time. You must submit your application within 30 days of starting the process. If you don't submit within 30 days time, it will be deleted and you will need to create application all over again.
Hi Reddy.n,

Thx a lot indeed for your comprehensive answers to my query, I been wandering for this info, Congrates for getting the Vic SS, Luckily just little while before my agent told me that I got +ve Modl Assesment in Network security, but he is unsure of 176 process.

So i have decided to take this process of 176 myself and luckily if i got it, can convert my case from 175 to 176.

Reddy.n apart from the quick process of SS, will u give some more justification to opt for 176 instead of 175.

Cheers!:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
will u give some more justification to opt for 176 instead of 175.
I sent you a PM. Please note it's all speculation. I did consider all these points before applying and accepting SS! Can't really put it here as it might confuse others.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi reddy

I'd suggest you share everything here, we are no experts but we always express our opinion here so that everyone can benefit from the same. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi reddy

I'd suggest you share everything here, we are no experts but we always express our opinion here so that everyone can benefit from the same. :)
This is what I sent on PM. This is no guide, but I took these points in to consideration to decide on 176 SS Category:-

You will probably need to read the following. It's all my speculation.

1) Visa Processing Priorities can change any time, just like September 23rd Changes.
2) Currently CSL is above the State Sponsorship with no CSL Category. This may not remain the same. There is a catch in September 23rd announcement. The catch is: "Minister (responsible for DIAC & Immigration) retains the right to accept more applicants in State Sponsorship with no CSL Category".
3) There were plenty of applicants (~35,000) in this category, and all the applications under this category are on hold. But Australia does require lots of people in this category, and these applications processing may resume anytime soon.
4) There is Future Skilled List on the way, don't know what it is or how it affects priority processing. This might alter priorities again!
5) Australia may not require tens of thousands of Software Professionals every year. They do have good education system to create talent. Most people in CSL category come from this segment. They could just put some kind of limit somewhere.

DIAC mainly serves 3 top priorities + other applications at low priorities.
1) Employer Sponsored
2) CSL Category
3) State Sponsorship
The new priorities broadly distinguish combination's in this list. If you seek and obtain SS, you will come in higher priority and application would get processed faster. Even if DIAC changes rules to prioritize SS applications later, your application will be processed faster. Or, in a case if there is going to be a restriction on number of software professionals, state sponsored software professionals applications do get processed.

It's all wild guesses, If you are in dreaded need of Australia PR (like you don't have any other option for other countries) , I suggest you read though the above *wild guesses* carefully. If you go with SS, It only costs you two years time within the sponsored state.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This is what I sent on PM. This is no guide, but I took these points in to consideration to decide on 176 SS Category:-

You will probably need to read the following. It's all my speculation.

, It only costs you two years time within the sponsored state.
Thx a lot for your comments and assistance, Two things are confusing

1. Despite the fact that SS with CSL is on 2nd priority on new policy for processing why peoples opt for 175 despite the fact that 176 is so easy and quick, vic state is not so bad in respect of life and jobs.

2. As u said 35,000 is the back log, so why they are giving more people the opurtunity to apply under SS cat and when they will gona finish out this pile of load :confused:

Well I have started the Vic SS process and now looking to complete it before the starting of new year.

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
people opt for ss when they are either sure they want to stay only at that particualr state or when they are short of points, third is for those who do not fall in MODL or CSL abut their skill is in state list, which gives them higher priority which means quicker processing (faster thn being just on SOL). why ppl dont go for 176 is because of being restricted for 2 years, they want to keep their option open and want to make sure if they dont like the state they are in, they can freely move around and choose another city.

·
Registered
261 Posts
people opt for ss when they are either sure they want to stay only at that particualr state or when they are short of points, third is for those who do not fall in MODL or CSL abut their skill is in state list, which gives them higher priority which means quicker processing (faster thn being just on SOL). why ppl dont go for 176 is because of being restricted for 2 years, they want to keep their option open and want to make sure if they dont like the state they are in, they can freely move around and choose another city.
"Want to stay only at particular state" sounds great for me, as Melborne looks me more comfertable and liveable for Asian community and less expensive, more or less well IT jobs as compare to Sydney, Pearth etc (These are my view points, other might not agree)

So what is your opinion about Victoria state?

Thx!:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Some people like me, make State Sponsorship choice based on there own circumstances,

From the beginning, my plans were to go and live Melbourne. So I chose VIC SS.

I was just knocked off 2 other applications because of visa rule changes, which I pursued in parallel with Australia. Don't want to get in to any kind of trouble with this one :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
So what is your opinion about Victoria state?
Thx!:)
Not sure about Network Security. But in general, for Computing Professionals, based on number of jobs in each state, NSW takes the lead with around 35% share. VIC is second with around 30% share. Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth come in at around 10-15% each.

Some Recruitment Companies conduct employment and salary research. Have a look at Hays Salary @ Hays Salary Survey. Few other sites like PayScale - Salary Comparison, Salary Survey, Wages, Salary Survey, Salary Guide & Annual Salary in Australia | Average Salary Range also provide wage details.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i cant show the bank stmt of AUD25k. so im jus thinking of applying r not.
i cant show them 3 months stmt...wat i hav to do?

guys...can u suggest me? :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
i cant show the bank stmt of AUD25k. so im jus thinking of applying r not.
i cant show them 3 months stmt...wat i hav to do?

guys...can u suggest me? :(
To the best of my knowledge, none of any applicant for VIC SS has been asked for B/S, but it doesn't mean that they wont, they might be, so what is the harm in applying, Its free of cost, and 15 min process, but very frankly If u r IT professional and having specializatio in "Network Security" their 70% chances u will be rejected, but try your luck, u might be in those 30%, probability is their, I think they have plenty of IT's in VIC. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
VIC won't ask for bank statements. There is a place in the online application form where you need to mention how much funds will be available for you to start settling in Australia. You can tell a reasonable amount.

In my case, a day after online application was done I got a mail from VIC Business Migration regarding funds, and I sent a worksheet to re-confirm how much funds are available with us. In my case, I don't think adding more funds made any change. They just go by skills I believe :)

I have heard before, they don't check how much money you transferred when you moved in. On successfull state sponsorship, You will need to inform VIC 1) The day when you get VISA, 2) The day when you plan to arrive 3) The day when you actually arrive 4) The day when you find a job. They also send you "some kind of forms to collect statistics" once every 6 months till 2 years. During that time, you will need to tell them if you still reside in VIC and what you are doing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hii reddy.n, thanks for sharing the information....

can u tell me wat is that...' I sent a worksheet to re-confirm how much funds are available with us. ' u shown to them ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
98 Posts
can u tell me wat is that...' I sent a worksheet to re-confirm how much funds are available with us. ' u shown to them ?
Our worksheet had:-
Available Saving Bank Deposits, Available Investments in Mutual Funds, ULIPs and Stocks, Available Fixed Deposits, Vehicles Resale Value, PF Funds, Gold Ornaments, Real Estate Property.

As you can see, many of these are not liquid assets :). We made a document with valuations in INR and AUD. As for real estate property, we did not even seek professional valuation, just sent approximate market value.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.