Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the current processing times if applying for the UK spouse visa Category A?

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
From US:
With priority - can be as fast as a few days but allow 1-2 weeks.
Non-priority - about a month to 6 weeks. Sometimes faster.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From US:
With priority - can be as fast as a few days but allow 1-2 weeks.
Non-priority - about a month to 6 weeks. Sometimes faster.
thanks Joppa.

Can you help me understand the difference between priority vs non priority please?

Who decides what is classed as priority/non priority?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You pay for priority, it is around $458 currently to pay for priority processing. It just puts your application ahead of those that don't pay for priority.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My priority handling cost $562. It was $468 when I applied in March -- but seemed to have gone up in two months!
thanks for that jojo. and how long did it take to process your application? and under which spouse category?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The priority fee varies based on the exchange rate. It was $500 when I applied and they sent me a $42 refund when the rate went down. I don't know how often they adjust for the exchange rate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I applied in March with an incomplete application. There was some emailing back and forth with the visa office -- which ended in a refusal 6 weeks later.

I resent all my supporting docs last Friday (May 1) and got a decision email today! So, in my experience -- priority handling significantly sped up the process. We applied under Category B - Spouse Visa.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Prices increased in April. Priority used to cost an extra £300 which converted to around $468. Now it costs £360 which is about $550 depending on what rate they are using to covert.

There is a whole timeline thread which you might want to take a look at:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...uk/30135-post-your-uk-visa-timeline-here.html

Processing times are quoted depending on what country you apply from. They are not broken down into categories.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Category A

Hi, could anyone calculate when we should apply under category A: (or it would be better and quicker under category B?) We are completely confused. My husband just has started to work, (salary 12 a year) and he has pension 9K a year. Thank you very much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.