Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there! I am student visa here in uk for more than 2 years and married to my wife (indefinite leave to remain) last month. We're planning to apply a spouse visa in person. i'm bit worried about my status now because i have no school for almost 6 months and working full time. I left my school because they just taking my money and there's no study happening every time i go to school and wife its not happy about it. We're planning to apply by post so they will not ask me about it but we prefer to apply by in person so we can get the result straightforward. Regarding the financial status, is it alright to show my bank statement and payslips as well because i'm worried that they will question me about my money and working hours in my payslips or its enough to show my wife bank statement and payslips? Please give me some advice about my matter. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
HI there! I am student visa here in uk for more than 2 years and married to my wife (indefinite leave to remain) last month. We're planning to apply a spouse visa in person. i'm bit worried about my status now because i have no school for almost 6 months and working full time. I left my school because they just taking my money and there's no study happening every time i go to school and wife its not happy about it. We're planning to apply by post so they will not ask me about it but we prefer to apply by in person so we can get the result straightforward. Regarding the financial status, is it alright to show my bank statement and payslips as well because i'm worried that they will question me about my money and working hours in my payslips or its enough to show my wife bank statement and payslips? Please give me some advice about my matter. Thank you.
What visa are you on? Are you working illegally?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am student visa will expires on september and working full time now. im allowed to work more than 20 hours thats my college said but unfortunately i left my school because im just wasting my money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want to know what they will ask if i will apply premium service, is it possible that they will make question about my money and payslips regarding my working hours or they will not ask about it?

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
i am student visa will expires on september and working full time now. im allowed to work more than 20 hours thats my college said but unfortunately i left my school because im just wasting my money.
On a student visa you do not have authority to work full time. You have also left the school, so you are not in compliance with your visa.

I would say you are working illegally.

On the spouse application visa I would have thought your status as to being in the UK would need to be declared - I think you are on thin ice here.

Wondering how you got married in the UK when you have no status to do so.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
What visa are you on? Are you working illegally?
No, but I haven't yet replied because it's a complicated case involving the OP's education provider. Under Tier 4 adult student visa, the holder must attend the course regularly and make satisfactory progress as a condition of stay. In case the education provider turns out to be incompetent or useless, they are supposed to inform the Home Office, which usually leads their studies to be transferred to another provider, which the OP has apparently failed to do. So he just carried on working full-time for 6 months, instead of combining his studies with work on limited hours basis (usually 20 hours a week term-time and full-time at weekends and in vacations). While that fact isn't directly related to his application for spouse visa, the fact that he hasn't met the conditions of his student visa may show up and cause difficulties. I just don't know what to suggest, as I'm not 100% au-fait with student visas and practicalities surrounding them. I suggest he should contact NUS and ask for immigration advice.

There is no problem getting married on student visa provided the leave was granted for a period exceeding 6 months, which was (2 years).
In hindsight, it might have been better to switch to settlement visa immediately after marriage instead of leaving a record of non-compliance with student visa.

·
Registered
7,271 Posts
No, but I haven't yet replied because it's a complicated case involving the OP's education provider. Under Tier 4 adult student visa, the holder must attend the course regularly and make satisfactory progress as a condition of stay. In case the education provider turns out to be incompetent or useless, they are supposed to inform the Home Office, which usually leads their studies to be transferred to another provider, which the OP has apparently failed to do. So he just carried on working full-time for 6 months, instead of combining his studies with work on limited hours basis (usually 20 hours a week term-time and full-time at weekends and in vacations). While that fact isn't directly related to his application for spouse visa, the fact that he hasn't met the conditions of his student visa may show up and cause difficulties. I just don't know what to suggest, as I'm not 100% au-fait with student visas and practicalities surrounding them. I suggest he should contact NUS and ask for immigration advice.

There is no problem getting married on student visa provided the leave was granted for a period exceeding 6 months, which was (2 years).
In hindsight, it might have been better to switch to settlement visa immediately after marriage instead of leaving a record of non-compliance with student visa.

I took the fact that he is in the UK on a student visa, is not now attending school (and still on said visa) and working full time (which as you correctly stated is only allowed for restricted times during term time and only full time during vacations) and that he does not have a work visa to "qualify" him for illegally working full time.

Agree that immigration advice is needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.