Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have applied for 190 and received SS from Victoria a week back.
I am in the process of applying for DIBP stage. I have got couple of questions.

1) During SS process, i have given self declaration about funds requirement. Is there any possibility that during DIBP process, they might ask for proof of funds?

2) I wanted to apply PR along with my wife and kid. Just heard of options to apply PR for myself first and once i settle down there with a job, then apply PR for my wife and kid. How different is the process? Are there any disadvantages of applying separately for my wife and kid?

your advice is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey buddy

1) During SS process, i have given self declaration about funds requirement. Is there any possibility that during DIBP process, they might ask for proof of funds?

They normally dont ask for it .. but they can if they feel you might have exaggerated ... it depends case to case

2) I wanted to apply PR along with my wife and kid. Just heard of options to apply PR for myself first and once i settle down there with a job, then apply PR for my wife and kid. How different is the process? Are there any disadvantages of applying separately for my wife and kid?

i would imagine the biggest con would be paying the visa fee twice ... once for your application .. and once you move there and settle down .. you would have to start the PR process for them again and end up paying visa fee again ...
what i would do if i was you... i would apply for the PR altogther .. and of job and money is the issue .. i would go alone at first ... try to settle down and find a job .. and then call my family over.. atleast wont have to start a new PR process..
atleast thats my thinking

hope that helps .. good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey buddy

They normally dont ask for it .. but they can if they feel you might have exaggerated ... it depends case to case

i would imagine the biggest con would be paying the visa fee twice ... once for your application .. and once you move there and settle down .. you would have to start the PR process for them again and end up paying visa fee again ...
what i would do if i was you... i would apply for the PR altogther .. and of job and money is the issue .. i would go alone at first ... try to settle down and find a job .. and then call my family over.. atleast wont have to start a new PR process..
atleast thats my thinking

hope that helps .. good luck
Thanks nsahmed for your quick reply!

Do you have any info about the fee to be paid for dependents if PR applied separately.

I am just trying to weigh all the cons before submitting my application.

Regards
ntan

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi ntan,

check the visa pricing table.

a) Include dependents in 190 application
Costs 190: 3520AUD base application charge (= for you) + 1760AUD for each dependent of age 18 or over + 880AUD for each dependent under 18 + costs for medicals for all applicants

b) 190 for yourself only, Partner 309/100 visa for family later
Costs 190: 3520AUD base application charge (= for you) + costs for medicals for yourself and all non-migrating dependents
Costs 309/100: 3085AUD base application charge (= for partner) + 1545AUD for each additional dependent age 18 and over + 770AUD for each additional dependent under 18 + costs for medicals (again) if they have expired

As you can see including them now will cost you at least 6160AUD (plus medicals, English test, document translations etc.).

Applying separately will cost at least 7375AUD, take multiple months to process and your wife and kid may have to go through the medicals twice if they have expired in the meantime (validity is 1 year). An additional disadvantage is that your wife and child will initially only get a temporary visa, which changes to a permanent visa if you are still together two years after the grant.

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 5 of 5 Posts