Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am planning to try out for both Australian PR and Canadian PR at the same time as I am not sure about the chances / probability of getting it, I am in initial phase.

I got to know about the Five countries treaty on immigration and it looks like they share the immigration details within themselves (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America), so heard like if we apply to multiple countries at a time, will end up in rejection.

Is that true?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hello All,

I am planning to try out for both Australian PR and Canadian PR at the same time as I am not sure about the chances / probability of getting it, I am in initial phase.

I got to know about the Five countries treaty on immigration and it looks like they share the immigration details within themselves (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America), so heard like if we apply to multiple countries at a time, will end up in rejection.

Is that true?

Thanks.
No, it will not. You are free to apply for both and VISA will not be rejected based on the grounds that you are an applicant in another country.

Reactions: shankhar

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it will not. You are free to apply for both and VISA will not be rejected based on the grounds that you are an applicant in another country.
Okay thank you.

But it looks denial of VISA in one country will effect your visa to other country because of their agreement where they have a 5 country agreement where they share information about refusal and etc Canada, USA plus Australia are in the 5 country agreement of sharing info.

Found a link, couldn't post it as I don't have submission permission.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Okay thank you.

But it looks denial of VISA in one country will effect your visa to other country because of their agreement where they have a 5 country agreement where they share information about refusal and etc Canada, USA plus Australia are in the 5 country agreement of sharing info.

Found a link, couldn't post it as I don't have submission permission.
Yes, denial of a VISA to any country for that matter needs to be declared during your VISA application to AUS or Canada and can have an effect.

But thats not your case right? Have you been denied Visa in Oz or Canada? I thought your question was about applying both countries simultaneously

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, denial of a VISA to any country for that matter needs to be declared during your VISA application to AUS or Canada and can have an effect.

But thats not your case right? Have you been denied Visa in Oz or Canada? I thought your question was about applying both countries simultaneously
No haven't applied to Canada (working on PR) and Oz never got rejected, was in WP for sometime, not sure if I can reach out to 90 points so only planning to try out both. US L1 VISA got rejected later.

Yes my question was applying both countries simultaneously, but one of friend told when both are in process if one gets denied it may affect the other one - so was confused.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No haven't applied to Canada (working on PR) and Oz never got rejected, was in WP for sometime, not sure if I can reach out to 90 points so only planning to try out both. US L1 VISA got rejected later.

Yes my question was applying both countries simultaneously, but one of friend told when both are in process if one gets denied it may affect the other one - so was confused.

That should be the least of your worries. I myself had by USA H1b visa rejected twice in the last 10 years and that had no implications on my Australian 189 PR visa. The only check-point is that when you fill your form-80 at a later stage, you got to declare all of that with a possible explanation as to what you think were the reasons for those rejections. As long as you are sincere and transparent, the case officer will not take that into account while deciding your PR. So just relax and go about the process. You, in all probability, shall be fine.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That should be the least of your worries. I myself had by USA H1b visa rejected twice in the last 10 years and that had no implications on my Australian 189 PR visa. The only check-point is that when you fill your form-80 at a later stage, you got to declare all of that with a possible explanation as to what you think were the reasons for those rejections. As long as you are sincere and transparent, the case officer will not take that into account while deciding your PR. So just relax and go about the process. You, in all probability, shall be fine.

Good luck!!

So I can try my probability for both Oz and Canada.

As we all know for most of the rejection cases we do not know the reason, just curious what explanation we can be given in form-80. For me also twice, L1B was rejected once, at least they said something, later for L1B Individual extension was denied.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Yes, it will be affected, but up to what level can only be determined for what reason your Visa was rejected

As we all know for most of the rejection cases we do not know the reason, just curious what explanation we can be given in form-80. For me also twice, L1B was rejected once, at least they said something, later for L1B Individual extension was denied.
Whatever explanation was given, be honest and provide the same.

To explain further, Visa rejection could be for any reason and sometime as simple as inappropriate photograph. That doesn't mean your are a dodgy person who should be scrutinised further. I guess all these should be the least of your concern and you can safely go ahead with your application wherever you wish to apply.

All the best..!

·
Registered
47 Posts

Most of the US Visas don't get rejected straight-away. They just get timed-out and become invalid due to never-ending RFEs. So I used that to my advantage and stated that - 'USCIS wanted more evidence to the Visa application filed by my employers XYZ, who obliged accordingly. Despite that, RFEs were never processed by USCIS and got lapsed leading to an automatic rejection'

Of course, in your case, since you already have a rejection letter, state the reasons mentioned there. If not, try the RFE route, but ensure you have the dates when RFEs were issued. There is no rule that says, US visa rejections aren't entitled to Australian Visas, but misrepresentation of facts can lead to outright PR visa denial. So watch out for that. Remember, honesty is the key here and they can cross-check based on your US's SSN.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it will be affected, but up to what level can only be determined for what reason your Visa was rejected

Whatever explanation was given, be honest and provide the same.

To explain further, Visa rejection could be for any reason and sometime as simple as inappropriate photograph. That doesn't mean your are a dodgy person who should be scrutinised further. I guess all these should be the least of your concern and you can safely go ahead with your application wherever you wish to apply.

All the best..!
Thank you for the detailed explanation, sorry for the very late response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most of the US Visas don't get rejected straight-away. They just get timed-out and become invalid due to never-ending RFEs. So I used that to my advantage and stated that - 'USCIS wanted more evidence to the Visa application filed by my employers XYZ, who obliged accordingly. Despite that, RFEs were never processed by USCIS and got lapsed leading to an automatic rejection'

Of course, in your case, since you already have a rejection letter, state the reasons mentioned there. If not, try the RFE route, but ensure you have the dates when RFEs were issued. There is no rule that says, US visa rejections aren't entitled to Australian Visas, but misrepresentation of facts can lead to outright PR visa denial. So watch out for that. Remember, honesty is the key here and they can cross-check based on your US's SSN.
Understand, thank you for detailing the points, will mention accordingly. :)

Sorry for the very late response.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts