Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kim , I have been in the UK since 2011 I came here on a tier four student visa and completed and undergraduate degree here in england. I met my partner Danielle who is from the uk and we been together since 2011. We moved in together as we became serious and have been living together since 2012. We have decided to apply for a spouse visa in January 2016 when my tier four runs out as I am now completing a MSC degree.
I have been in touch with home office and they said because i am already in the uk we can combine our finances and we meet the 18,600 threshold. We are applying under the basis of us living together in a romantic relationship for more then two years. Then we want to get married once I am on a proper spouse visa as I heard getting married on a tier four home office dont like because its 'not the proper way to do it' Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we have now started saving payslips from this month until december. I am paid four weekly and my partner is paid weekly, so i understand you have to apply no later then 28 days of your last payslip. So i get paid on 24-12-15 so no longer then 28 days after that and my partner can show hers weekly for december.

Best of luck to you all.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
It's not just that you are in a romantic relationship. You have to prove that you're in a relationship akin to marriage if you are applying as unmarried partners. That means being able to prove 2 years of joint responsibilities like joint tenancy, joint bank accounts and joint bills.

There is no reason that you can't marry on a Tier 4. It will certainly save you the cost of a visa. The only thing is that your case may be referred to the Home Office so you may have to give 70 days notice instead of 28. Just keep that time frame in mind and plan accordingly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i understand that your right about the 70 days. and we have things to prove we have been together and living together like vacations and council tax bills, paying rent half and half and things like that. also have a joint bank account :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.