Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My wife of 3 weeks (!) has returned to France with me (a Brit working in France) on a standard 90 day tourist visa and we now need to start the CDS process - but I am struggling to find where to start. I have scoured the local Prefecture site (Yvelines, 78) and there are various categories for CDS for foreigners but none seem to fit our category.

Can some nice kind person suggest the first steps to make please,

Kind regards,

Simon

·
Administrator
51,359 Posts
What nationality is your new wife? (And, btw, congratulations on your recent marriage!)

Chances are, as the spouse of an EU national, she may not need (or be eligible for) a cds at all. The rules have recently changed - which means that no one is quite sure what's going on. I would wait until mid September or early October and then make a visit to the prefecture. By then, they should have the new procedures sorted out and will be able to tell you what you do or don't need. (Or maybe by then they will have even updated their website...)

If she's British, too, forget it - they won't issue a cds anymore to EU nationals. (Means you have to use your passport as identification, which is a bit of a pain, but nothing major.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What nationality is your new wife? (And, btw, congratulations on your recent marriage!)

Chances are, as the spouse of an EU national, she may not need (or be eligible for) a cds at all. The rules have recently changed - which means that no one is quite sure what's going on. I would wait until mid September or early October and then make a visit to the prefecture. By then, they should have the new procedures sorted out and will be able to tell you what you do or don't need. (Or maybe by then they will have even updated their website...)

If she's British, too, forget it - they won't issue a cds anymore to EU nationals. (Means you have to use your passport as identification, which is a bit of a pain, but nothing major.)
Cheers,
Bev
Duh....
Thanks Bev for a very rapid response. She is Australian which I should have stated.

I am looking to get "something" done so that it at least logs the fact that we started 'a' process as soon as we arrived here - even if it isn't the right one!

Simon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which nationality is your wife

if british :carte de sejour does not apply any more as part of EU. your passeport is good enough

carte de sejour are only for non EU residents

kind regards

Hi,
My wife of 3 weeks (!) has returned to France with me (a Brit working in France) on a standard 90 day tourist visa and we now need to start the CDS process - but I am struggling to find where to start. I have scoured the local Prefecture site (Yvelines, 78) and there are various categories for CDS for foreigners but none seem to fit our category.

Can some nice kind person suggest the first steps to make please,

Kind regards,

Simon[/QUOTE]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.