Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends!
I am about to apply for the spouse visa from Vancouver. We will be using the priority service. Here are my questions:
1. Does anyone know within how many days from the submission of online application is the Vancouver Visa Application Centre giving a appointment to submit the documents and the bio-metrics? Is the wait for an appointment too long from the date of online application?
2. I was under the impression that the documents cannot be older then 28 days from the 'date of application' and planned accordingly. However, someone just told me that they cannot be older then 28 days from the 'date of submission at the visa application centre'. Does anyone know which one it is? Is it 8 days from the 'date of application' or is it 28 days from the 'date of submission at the visa application centre'.?
3. We are applying on the grounds of all cash savings. So, when they make reference to documents not being older than 28 days; are they referring to just the documents pertaining to meeting the financial requirement or are they referring to all documents supporting the application? The reason I ask is because, we have a couple of documents for our property back in England (i.e. letter from letting agent confirming that our property there has been on rent and also a home fitness report); these documents are dated 05th June. So, depending on how long we have to wait for an appointment at the Vancouver VAC after we submit the online application; if the appointment is after 02nd July then these documents will be outside the 28 day period. Does anyone know if these sort of documents also fall within the 28 days criteria.
Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.....
Canuck1973

·
Super Moderator
18,054 Posts
Hello friends!
I am about to apply for the spouse visa from Vancouver. We will be using the priority service. Here are my questions:
1. Does anyone know within how many days from the submission of online application is the Vancouver Visa Application Centre giving a appointment to submit the documents and the bio-metrics? Is the wait for an appointment too long from the date of online application?
You are prompted to book a biometrics appointment and given a selection of available dates after you submit the online application and pay.

2. I was under the impression that the documents cannot be older then 28 days from the 'date of application' and planned accordingly. However, someone just told me that they cannot be older then 28 days from the 'date of submission at the visa application centre'. Does anyone know which one it is? Is it 8 days from the 'date of application' or is it 28 days from the 'date of submission at the visa application centre'.?
It's 28 days from online application.

3. We are applying on the grounds of all cash savings. So, when they make reference to documents not being older than 28 days; are they referring to just the documents pertaining to meeting the financial requirement or are they referring to all documents supporting the application? The reason I ask is because, we have a couple of documents for our property back in England (i.e. letter from letting agent confirming that our property there has been on rent and also a home fitness report); these documents are dated 05th June. So, depending on how long we have to wait for an appointment at the Vancouver VAC after we submit the online application; if the appointment is after 02nd July then these documents will be outside the 28 day period. Does anyone know if these sort of documents also fall within the 28 days criteria.
Any help and guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Your most recent financially documents should be no more than 28 days old at the time of application. Everything else should be as recent as possible.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Have you looked at stickies at the top of the forum threads? There is a full explanation about 28-day rule. I wish people don't just ask questions without first checking them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.