·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been in Australia since last 6 years. Following are my details

Bachelor in technology (computer science engineering ) india
Masters in networking Australia

After masters i have not worked in field relevant to my study. I have not did professional year course. When my visa was about to expire i applied for student visa again for diploma courses. Now i am on student visa.

My query is that i want to apply for permanent residence but i don'tknow what to do. Because i can never apply for skill point system because i haven't did job in relevant field.

Please suggest me what should i do. I am very confused.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Read the following thread/post for better understating of PR Visa:-

1)
Moving to Australia: Australian Immigration Points | Moving to Australia

2)
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/729746-australian-skilled-independent-189-visa-my-view-9.html#post6968466

Hi

After masters i have not worked in field relevant to my study. I have not did professional year course. When my visa was about to expire i applied for student visa again for diploma courses. Now i am on student visa.

My query is that i want to apply for permanent residence but i don'tknow what to do. Because i can never apply for skill point system because i haven't did job in relevant field.

Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi

Thanks
Hi Baljinder,

If you want to get a PR currently 189 and 190 are the most issued visas and only Skill Select is the way to get that visa. In your situation only thing that you can do is to start working in your relevant field or look to gain experience in a skill that is listed in SOL or CSOL so that you will be able to gain experience and apply for skill select for 189 or 190 visa. Apart from that option I am not aware of any other way which is possible to get PR as of now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Baljinder,

You mentioned your work experience is not related to your nominated occupation. Is it closely related though? If it is closely related, then you could be eligible.

Hope this info helps.

regards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply

No my experience is not related to study.
I cannot do skill assessment because it require job experience. Is there any other way to get pr ?

Hi Baljinder,

You mentioned your work experience is not related to your nominated occupation. Is it closely related though? If it is closely related, then you could be eligible.

Hope this info helps.

regards

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Thanks for reply

No my experience is not related to study.
I cannot do skill assessment because it require job experience. Is there any other way to get pr ?
Even if you worked in relevant field you still wont be able to claim experience points. You said you on student visa since last 6 year and everytime visa expires you enroll in new course. Technically you cannot claim any experience for 6 years as you cannot work full time as per visa rules...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no, I was on TR before my new student visa. When my TR was going to expire then i applied student visa. In TR i can work but now i worked 20 hours per week. My point is that i want to apply for state sponsorship. is there any possibility ?

Even if you worked in relevant field you still wont be able to claim experience points. You said you on student visa since last 6 year and everytime visa expires you enroll in new course. Technically you cannot claim any experience for 6 years as you cannot work full time as per visa rules...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts