Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends

Please advice me !!

I am planning to apply for the Australian PR , In this process I have applied for my skill assessment and I got positive skill assessment done yesterday ( took 25 days), in order to claim 5 points from my spouse skills , i had sent it for ACS process too. Now since my ACS is over , I was thinking , if I can apply for the NSW skills test , so that if my wife's assessment takes time , I can apply for NSW sponsored visa with DIAC before the points system change.

The point where I am confused is that , if after getting the sponsorship letter form NSW , I get my wife 's ACS assessment done in time , can I omit the state sponsorship results and directly apply for the 175 visa .

or do I have to still go forward with 176 , as I have taken the sponsorship letter from the state.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi friends

Please advice me !!

I am planning to apply for the Australian PR , In this process I have applied for my skill assessment and I got positive skill assessment done yesterday ( took 25 days), in order to claim 5 points from my spouse skills , i had sent it for ACS process too. Now since my ACS is over , I was thinking , if I can apply for the NSW skills test , so that if my wife's assessment takes time , I can apply for NSW sponsored visa with DIAC before the points system change.

The point where I am confused is that , if after getting the sponsorship letter form NSW , I get my wife 's ACS assessment done in time , can I omit the state sponsorship results and directly apply for the 175 visa .

or do I have to still go forward with 176 , as I have taken the sponsorship letter from the state.
It is up to you to avail the SS or let it expire but if you don't use the SS, it means you are letting some other migrant down by grabbing his opportunity to use it unless it is again allocated to someone by NSW folks.
176 is faster than 175 then why you want to let it go?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is up to you to avail the SS or let it expire but if you don't use the SS, it means you are letting some other migrant down by grabbing his opportunity to use it unless it is again allocated to someone by NSW folks.
176 is faster than 175 then why you want to let it go?
Hi ,

I certainly dont want to make someone loose the opportunity , but I have a doubt which has been there with me for a long time.

I think in SRS for example (NSW/ Vic) one is not allowed to work or live in the cities like Melbourne , Sydney (please correct me if I am wrong)

I have been doing a long time search for job opportunities for my particular technology and I am finding that they are heavily concentrated in the above cities.
I am not sure if there is any arrangement done with the companies , where in a particular person can work out the regional cities and still be employed in the companies having offices in the above cities...

Please advice me regarding this....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi ,

I certainly dont want to make someone loose the opportunity , but I have a doubt which has been there with me for a long time.

I think in SRS for example (NSW/ Vic) one is not allowed to work or live in the cities like Melbourne , Sydney (please correct me if I am wrong)

I have been doing a long time search for job opportunities for my particular technology and I am finding that they are heavily concentrated in the above cities.
I am not sure if there is any arrangement done with the companies , where in a particular person can work out the regional cities and still be employed in the companies having offices in the above cities...

I think Sydney falls in NSW, isn't it? And as heard more IT jobs are in Sydney.

Just so you know you can apply for both 175 and 176 visa. If applying for both then people in forum are applying for 175 online and for 176 they are sending paper application.

Also I have heard that as per State's rules, you are obligated to work in that state for first 2 years, now I m not sure if you have to stay there for first 2 years in case you dont get job. May be it's just a obligation, but not a mandatory requirement (Hoping if seniors can throw some light on this).

I have a question for spouse skill assessment, do we have to send Spouse's experience letter and IELTS results also to ACS? I thought these proofs we had to send to DIAC, please correct me if I m wrong. Also for spouse's skill assessment we have to send spouse's IELTS score (min for spouse is 4.5 in all bands, I guess not sure, kindly correct me here as well, if wrong.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Sydney falls in NSW, isn't it? And as heard more IT jobs are in Sydney.

Just so you know you can apply for both 175 and 176 visa. If applying for both then people in forum are applying for 175 online and for 176 they are sending paper application.

Also I have heard that as per State's rules, you are obligated to work in that state for first 2 years, now I m not sure if you have to stay there for first 2 years in case you dont get job. May be it's just a obligation, but not a mandatory requirement (Hoping if seniors can throw some light on this).

I have a question for spouse skill assessment, do we have to send Spouse's experience letter and IELTS results also to ACS? I thought these proofs we had to send to DIAC, please correct me if I m wrong. Also for spouse's skill assessment we have to send spouse's IELTS score (min for spouse is 4.5 in all bands, I guess not sure, kindly correct me here as well, if wrong.
Hi Indian01,

You are correct , the IELTS results needs to be sent to DIAC only, but in case you are going to claim 5 points out of spouse skills

You need to send the experience letter documents to ACS , for them to assess them and provide a letter which states that those years of exp are ACS approved exp.

For DIAC to give points for them

"The rule says that :- In the last 24 months from the time you are applying , there should be 12 months of ACS approved experience ""

Only ,if spouse skills needs to added in the application , we need to have minimum 6 in all the modules , else if going as a dependent , they can have an average band score of 6 in IELTS.

You are correct , if seniors can throw some light towards the work / living rules for SRS .. it would be great...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i suggest you go ahead and apply for ss for nsw, incase you do not wish to go ahead with nsw ss just inform them and they can consider the next applicant for the same

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i suggest you go ahead and apply for ss for nsw, incase you do not wish to go ahead with nsw ss just inform them and they can consider the next applicant for the same
Thanks anj1976,

I just found that ,,, I would not be able to apply for NSW , as my ACS occupation is "SYSTEM ANALYST " :(

Since I saw the SYSTEM analyst is not there.. So it leaves with VIC, but I am trying to find the job market in melbourne for my particular technology ... Not able to find jobs... So worried I may have to go for 175 ...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I was under the impression there are jobs for every IT field in Melbourne.. still apply for vic ss, you never know..

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks anj1976,

I just found that ,,, I would not be able to apply for NSW , as my ACS occupation is "SYSTEM ANALYST " :(

Since I saw the SYSTEM analyst is not there.. So it leaves with VIC, but I am trying to find the job market in melbourne for my particular technology ... Not able to find jobs... So worried I may have to go for 175 ...

These are the available ones in NSW for IT -

General Application Development/Software Engineering

Software Engineer 261313 Bachelor Degree 3 years 7.0

Client/Server Applications
Analyst Programmer 261311 Bachelor Degree 3 years 7.0
Developer Programmer 261312 Bachelor Degree 3 years 7.0
Chief Information Officer 135111 Bachelor Degree 5 years 7.0
Systems Administrator 262113 Bachelor Degree 5 years 7.0

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi ,

SRS is Skilled Regional Sponsored (i.e. 475) --- which is Temporary Resident(TR) for 3 years (not PR) --- in this case, you will not be able to work in melbourne/sydney. But why you are bothering about 475??

You should rather consider 176 i.e. state sponsorship(SS), which will let you work anywhere in your selected state which is providing you the sponsorship. I mean if you have the sponsorship from Victoria then you can work anywhere in VIC including Melbourne, if you have the sponsorship from NSW then you can work anywhere in NSW including Sydney. Only restriction is, you have to live in that state for at least 2 years, after that you can live anywhere in Australia.

So forget 475(regional sponsored), go for 176(SS).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Saydur , Anj1976, Indian01 for clarifying the doubt...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.