Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot in the dark, perhaps, but has anyone here ever applied for an Indian tourist visa from France? Do I HAVE to go to Paris??

The website for applications only offers Paris in the drop-down menu for mission location, but I saw somewhere that there are offices in Bordeaux...which would be mountains easier!

Thanks for any info.

·
Administrator
50,474 Posts
Technically speaking you cannot apply for any sort of visa from within France. By definition, a visa is a document that allows you to enter the country, so if you're already there, you had to have entered either with a valid visa or illegally.

Generally speaking, you must apply for a visa at a French consulate - and by definition that means from outside of France. (Usually the French consulate in the area in which you are legally resident.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you misunderstand, Bev. I need to apply for an Indian visa. As I live in France, I'm applying from France. I'm not applying for a French visa.

Someone just sent me a link that contained the info I needed, so I am including it here in case anyone else has the same question. India Visa Information - France - Home Page

Cheers

·
Administrator
50,474 Posts
Yup, I misunderstood - sorry about that. And yes, you normally should contact the Indian Consulate in France - however I see you've got the website for the agency that India uses for their visa processing, so you should be set to go. Thanks for sharing that information.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts