Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a PR holder and my kid is 5 yrs old and whose passport will be getting expired in about 8 months.

a) Can I apply for new passport for my India from Indian Embassy in Sydney itself ?.
How long does it take to get the passport ?

b) Any specific advices or your experiences for the same

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd say tweet Sushma Swaraj directly. Their office will get in touch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am a PR holder and my kid is 5 yrs old and whose passport will be getting expired in about 8 months.

a) Can I apply for new passport for my India from Indian Embassy in Sydney itself ?.
How long does it take to get the passport ?

b) Any specific advices or your experiences for the same
Yes, you can get a new Passport from Indian Embassy in Sydney. The process is very simple. There is an online form you have to fill, take a printout and go to the embassy with the required documents (will be mentioned in the online form, proof of PR, photos, current address proof, etc) and submit them. If you want the address in the passport (Indian address) to be the same as the one in the old one, you don't need to do anything. Else you have to supply an address proof of the new Indian address (standard Aadhar Card, driving license, etc).

Then come back after 14 days and collect the new passport after paying the Passport fees. Done!

You can also indicate if you want a Jumbo passport (more pages, 64 instead of standard 32) in the application. The fees for this is slightly higher.

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts