Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I am braizilian and civil partner of a British citzen and have been living in the UK under the Leave to Remain visa which I applied twice already.

In 18 Sep 2018 my current visa will expire and I should apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain to get permenant status to keep living in the UK.
However, I will need to do a trip overseas and will be back around 10 Sep 2018 which will leave me just 8 days to send my application.

Does anybody know when is the cut off date for me to submitt my application?
Is there any risk if I submitt it very close to the expiry date?

Thanks
Francisco Telles

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
18th September by post or at premium service centre. There is no risk, provided you get proof of posting or book an appointment at PSC on or before 18th.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

It's 18th Sep by post but I will make sure I will post the application before the 18th.
Obviously they will take time to assess and make a decision and my visa will be expired by the time the decision is made. is there any problem in this interim period?

Also, when I travel back to the UK from my trip on the 10th Sep is there any risk the immigration officers try not to allow me in due to my visa be expiring within 8 days?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, as your visa is automatically extended until a decision is made, called Section 3C leave under the immigration act.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply. I am much relieved now! :)

As for the border when I come back from my trip to the UK. Is there any grounds that an officer refuses me entry due to my visa be expiring within a few days from my date of entry?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They will probably remind you that your leave is about to expire. Just reassure them that you are making an application promptly for ILR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.