Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
My wife is applying for ILR after completing two years on Spouse Visa which was very difficult to obtain, There are few questions in the application that make me confused.

1. They asked: " Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person".

What is the purpose of this question? What difference that make to the application.

I came to the UK as a student and obtained settlement in the UK via marriage to a British national, we divorced after 8 years. and I got married again to my second wife that is applying for the ILR. How would the first marriage affect us?

2. I had foreign divorce, which was accepted by the UK embassy when granting the Spouse visa, will the validity of divorce be checked again on this application? I just do not want to go through long verification process. that prolongs my waiting time and possible refusal.

3. If refused, would my wife be allowed to stay until we appeal or would she be asked to leave immediately as visa would have expired then??

Please advise

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 To weed out sham marriage/non-genuine relationship cases.
#2 Probably not, but you have to submit the same documents as last time.
#3 Can stay until appeal is heard or concluded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the advice:
When asked if been sponsored before, there will be points to check. what process the CEO need to go through? I could not find the information about what they check for on the homeoffice website.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They won't tell you, but expect them to go over your previous applications and when you were sponsored.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.