Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Not sure if I should be posting this on the UK or Australian forum, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I am applying for FLR(M), however my Australian passport expires in February 2017. This will be before end of the first 2.5 years of FLR(M).

When I come to apply for a passport renewal, will this present problems? as I know they're not able to transfer visas into new passports. When I travel and when I come to apply for the second period of FLR(M), do I just take both passports with me? Will I come across any problems at immigration do you think if my first visa for FLR(M) is in an expired passport? Would you recommend taking both passports and my marriage certificate with me when I travel?

How soon before a passport expires are you able to apply for a renewal? Is this something I could do now, before I apply for FLR(M) or does it have to be done closer to the date of expiry?

Many thanks for answering all my (many) questions on here. I think it will be a relief to us all when I have finally put my application in! (Still trying to save the visa fees and chase last minute paperwork.)

·
Super Moderator
18,047 Posts
FLR (M) is not a visa which is affixed to a page on your passport. You receive a biometric resident permit-BRP which contains all your visa details. You must travel with both. As long as you aren't changing your name and your passport name will match your BRP name, you have no issue.

Ask on the Australia forum about when you can renew your passport.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.