Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone help. I am wanting to apply for my husband to come from Algeria to live with me, I just found out from reading this forum that I won't be able to apply with my current salary. Because it's salaried rather than non-salaried income my bonus payment won't count. Most of my payslips say 1530, apart from one Which is higher due to a bonus. So I'm guessing when you get salaried employment they look at the lowest payslip rather than the highest. (My actual salary is 18500 just 100 under). This has been devastating to know as I thought he would be coming soon but now I have to wait until the end of August to apply, perhaps longer.
If I appy in August with my new income which will be much higher; can I apply under caragoy B. I'm not sure because it's still Boots but the contract will change in August to go from working as a pre-registration pharmacist to working as a pharmacist. The line manager also changes, and the salary increases. Its just im worried they will think I need to apply under catagory A, as the employer hasn't changed fully, ie it's still the same company, but I'll have a different role within the company, following a new contract of employment with them.
Thank you in advance any help would be incredibly helpful

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
That's not correct. If you get a bonus as a salaried worker, while they take the lowest salary during 6 months and annualise, the bonus is added on top. So if you earn £1,530 a month but get £140 bonus one month, your annual pay is 1530 x 12 + 140 = £18,500, which you can put towards the financial requirement.

As to when and how to apply after your pay rise, the safest is to go under Cat B. You are free to choose between A or B to suit your circumstances.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again Joppa! Another concern that I really have is regarding the letter i recently got from my estate agent. It basically doesn't give my husband explicit permission, it says something along the lines of: this is a letter to confirm that the house is suitable to accommodate your husband xxxx and that the landlord is aware of the situation, so when your husband Mr xxxxx is ready to move to the UK we will go aahead in getting the landlords full permission. It also says This is subject to reference checks and the landlords full consent.

The letter is addressed to me not the Eco so it's written to myself about my husband being able to come if that makes sense. So the letter is not very clear and I'm worried the visas going to get rejected due to the ECO seeing it as not enough evidence of actual permission. The problem is they are not willing to say he can just come and live there without any conditions

Another question is about the tenancy agreement, I only have a copy on email, so do I have to get it certified and then sign it again as I signed the original? I should mention it does say the max no of occupiers is 1 :( I am the signatory and only tenant.
Thanks in advance for any help during this extremely stressful and upsetting time!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
With the new 'Right to Rent' rule, landlords will soon have to check on the immigration status of potential tenant before agreeing to let their place, so reluctance of landlord to give a blanket permission to your husband is understandable. I'm sure Home Office is aware of it and will take it into account when deciding if the accommodation requirement is met. Basically ECO will want to know that you have tenancy agreement (which you have) and that the property is suitable to be occupied by a couple.
You should get your printed-out tenancy agreement stamped or certified by the landlord/letting agent .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the prompt reply! understand what you mean, that's probably why they wrote; "the landlord is already aware of the situation so when Mr xxxxx is ready to move across to the UK we will go ahead in getting the landlords full permission".
The problem is there's also other conditions like references which he can't meet as he is not in the UK. So my worry is the ECO will look at the letter and think well even if he gets a visa there's a chance he can't join her at that property as he can't get consent / appropriate references, conditions beyond being granted a visa "therefore I am not satisfied". I hope that's clear. Id really appreciate the help once again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.