Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Sri Lankan citizen living in US currently in under a work permit. However my maximum period of stay in the US expires on 31-Dec-2013 so I plan to go back home to Sri Lanka. However I also plan to apply for Australian PR under the point scheme before I leave the US. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I state in the application that I am applying from US (as I will indeed be applying from the US) and later change the my address to Sri Lanka while the application is being processed (if the pricess drags on beyond Dec-2013)?
  2. If not what is the best option for me to apply? I hope you don't tell me to apply from Sri Lanka because its a well known fact that Australian Immigration are prejudiced against applications submitted from SL.

G

·
It makes no difference where you apply from or where you are when it is granted so long as you keep the case officer updated as to where you are.

Where you apply form has little influence on the application. What citizenship you hold and the places you have spent long periods of time living does.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am a Sri Lankan citizen living in US currently in under a work permit. However my maximum period of stay in the US expires on 31-Dec-2013 so I plan to go back home to Sri Lanka. However I also plan to apply for Australian PR under the point scheme before I leave the US. So I have a couple of questions:

[*]Can I state in the application that I am applying from US (as I will indeed be applying from the US) and later change the my address to Sri Lanka while the application is being processed (if the pricess drags on beyond Dec-2013)?
[*]If not what is the best option for me to apply? I hope you don't tell me to apply from Sri Lanka because its a well known fact that Australian Immigration are prejudiced against applications submitted from SL.
I dont know what are the facts behind ur such strong statememt that australian immigration are prejuced against Srilankans applicants. As a matter of fact i know many srilankans who have got their PR without any problem. Infact if u search on this forum u will find many srilankans who have got PR in the quickest possible time like in one month.
Anyways, my point is that u should not think like that about any country and specially not for the one where u intend to live the rest of your life.

Regards,
Roposh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts