Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Can someone guide me on applying for a child visa (new born) from India and what's the processing time for the same.

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mathew for the quick reply and best wishes for your application.I have gone through the links and it mentions processing time as 14 months which is very high.Is really that the case.

Howz your application progressing?Is VFS reliable option.Best regards.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All,
I was going through various links and found that there is alternate approach people follow while applying child visa 101.After 101 they apply for visit visa sub class 600 and move to australia.The query here is can sponsor be same in both visa applications.Also how about PCC and medical arrangements.

And can visit visa (sub class 600) be granted for 12 months.kindly advise.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi SB81,

the problem is that DIBP only rarely grants visitor visas for applicants who are already waiting for a decision on a partner or child visa application. Why? Because people on a visitor visa have to fulfill the "genuine temporary entrant" condition, which means that they return home after the visitor visa expires. It's not meant to be used to shorten the wait time for another visa to be processed. To quote from Family Migration - Questions and Answers:

I lodged my family stream visa application outside Australia. Can I have a visitor visa while I am waiting for my permanent visa so that I can be with my family in Australia during the processing?

Visitor visas should not be used for long-term stays, for residence in Australia or for the purpose of remaining in Australia for extended periods to await a migration outcome.

When applying for a visitor visa you must meet all requirements, including the genuine visitor criterion, for that visa to be granted. The periods of time an applicant has spent in and out of Australia are taken into account in deciding a visitor visa application.
All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks Mathew for the quick reply and best wishes for your application.I have gone through the links and it mentions processing time as 14 months which is very high.Is really that the case.

Howz your application progressing?Is VFS reliable option.Best regards.
Hi,

Thanks SB81.

I read in some thread,visa has been granted in 8 months.However the processing time is 14 month in immigration site.

My application is just 2 weeks old and I can see the status as under process at Australian High Commision ,New Delhi.

I am not aware of any other option other than VFS! Do you know any other option??
Even I need to work on vising visa part..Planning to apply for Visiting visa.But not sure, how long we can stay in AUS with that visa...
Another thing we need to depart AUS before taking decision on PR visa...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Monika/Mathew,
Does that mean after filing for child visa we can apply for Visit visa for the baby and can exit Australia when grant is about to be given.Is that option workable.
Also can visit visa be granted for a continous stay of 12 months.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi SB81,

as I already mentioned, DIBP only rarely allows that. It depends on the CO - maybe you are lucky and get one who will grant the visitor visa but I doubt it. The length of the stay is also the decision of the CO. 12 months continuous stay is the maximum that's possible.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Mathew26,

Howz your progress on Child Visa going on ?Hope its moving in positive direction.I would be requiring your guidance soon on application.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One more query related to Child Visa application.Is it mandatory that both parents should be in India at the time of visa filing or the Sponsor ( one of the parent ) can be in India.Kindly confirm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts