Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and have done my fair bit of research for applying for 189 visa.

here is my understanding

age 34 - 25 Points
IELTS 7 -10 Points (still to take up IELTS, but am sure I can score 7)
Employment 9 years outside Aus 15 Points
Education Masters in India 15 Points

Total - 65 Points.

I hope this should be good to go.

My Plan is to

Take IELTS
Get Assessment
EOI
then Apply for Visa if they offer to do so.

I know the Assessment fee should be roughly 500 and the Visa fee should be
3060 (my) + 1750 (for wife) + 750 (My kid)

Kinldy let me know if my understanding is right.

Now I have few quesitons.

is 190 easier to get than 189, also does 190 not mandate the ielts score to be 7 ??
Earlier the Base fee inlcuded wife and kid, now its changed so it should be ~ 5.5 - 6k

after we migrate can my wife work there? I am going to enroll her as dependent?
if not what should be the approach?

is 65 points a good score ? I heard higher the points sooner the Visa Processing?

I have a cousin in Aus (though not first), can i get reference I believe her reference will increase my points?

I know its a very long post, but would appretiate if someone could help get clarification.

Thanks in Advance
Harish

G

·
Process to get the visa sounds right. What is your occupation? You may get years deducted from your work experience in some occupations and they wont include any prior to qualifying.

If your wife is dependent on your application she can work the same as you. She will gain her own independent visa.

Your cousin is only helpful if you want to apply for a 489.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shel,

I am presently into product sourcing (handelling electronics profile)
before this the 9 years exp I have is in Engineering, handelling various roles from design engg to Project Leader

one more quick info, for the assessment report, what all is required? is there a particulare format

·
Registered
350 Posts
You need to know the ANZCO code of your profession and should assess your degree and experience under such code. The code must be on the list of occupations Australia wants.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and have done my fair bit of research for applying for 189 visa.

here is my understanding

age 34 - 25 Points
IELTS 7 -10 Points (still to take up IELTS, but am sure I can score 7)
Employment 9 years outside Aus 15 Points
Education Masters in India 15 Points

Total - 65 Points.

I hope this should be good to go.

My Plan is to

Take IELTS
Get Assessment
EOI
then Apply for Visa if they offer to do so.

I know the Assessment fee should be roughly 500 and the Visa fee should be
3060 (my) + 1750 (for wife) + 750 (My kid)

Kinldy let me know if my understanding is right.

Now I have few quesitons.

is 190 easier to get than 189, also does 190 not mandate the ielts score to be 7 ??
Earlier the Base fee inlcuded wife and kid, now its changed so it should be ~ 5.5 - 6k

after we migrate can my wife work there? I am going to enroll her as dependent?
if not what should be the approach?

is 65 points a good score ? I heard higher the points sooner the Visa Processing?

I have a cousin in Aus (though not first), can i get reference I believe her reference will increase my points?

I know its a very long post, but would appretiate if someone could help get clarification.

Thanks in Advance
Harish
Primary applicant cost is 3580aud

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Blackbelt/Samkal and Shel

Thanks for your responses.

I need few more clarification, if you could spare some time to answer these.

I have been into electronics engineering for 4 years of my career and have been into project management kind of roles for around 5 years, and recently i moved into Electronic sourcing, which is commercial job and deals in Vendor management, but my core discipline remains as Electronics.

So can I still get my evaluation done in electronics Engineering catogory?
can you suggest what would be the best catogory in which i can get my evaluation done ?

and lastly, is it mandated that the skill that you are evaluated for, you can only get into those jobs in Aus, or you are free to take up any jobs once you get the PR.

Thanks in Advance,,
Harish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts