Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

If a person has 2 state sponsorships(assume Victoria & NSW).
What are the various options he has:
1. Can he apply for 176 with only 1 State Sponsorship?
2. Can he apply for 176 with both the State Sponsorships?
3. If he wishes to have the 176 for both these states, can he do so?

Also please let me know which among Melbourne & Sydney has better job prospects for Software Developers(261312)?

I have already received +ve sponsorship from Victoria & thought to also apply for NSW-SS before applying for 176.

Awaiting reply
Regards,
Chaitanya.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Guys,

Also please let me know which among Melbourne & Sydney has better job prospects for Software Developers(261312)?

I have already received +ve sponsorship from Victoria & thought to also apply for NSW-SS before applying for 176.

Awaiting reply
Regards,
Chaitanya.
Hello

In my opinion, Sydney has slight edge regarding the IT jobs. You can easily see it on different job sites like seek. Probably you can apply for 1 paper based and 1 online 176 application, but then there are chances you can get visa for both within 2-3 months.

Probably any senior can comment better on this.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Guys,

Awaiting reply
Regards,
Chaitanya.
1. 176 is tied to only one state. You cannot use both to apply 1 176 visa.
2. Not a possible option at all.
3. Not a possible option at all because the last granted 176 will cancel all your previous visa so why waste 3000$

If you use your Vic SS, you have moral obligation to live there for first 2 years. Don't ask me what if we break it as I am still searching an answer for it.

There is no need to apply again for NSW SS as you will waste your one of SS grant anyways.

You should have done this research before itself and apply to that state which you feel jobs are good for you. Now with one SS in hand, applying for 1 more SS and waiting for its result and then applying 176 is a bad idea IMHO. Keeping July changes in mind if I was in your situation I would have applied 176 by now!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
1. 176 is tied to only one state. You cannot use both to apply 1 176 visa.
2. Not a possible option at all.
3. Not a possible option at all because the last granted 176 will cancel all your previous visa so why waste 3000$

If you use your Vic SS, you have moral obligation to live there for first 2 years. Don't ask me what if we break it as I am still searching an answer for it.

There is no need to apply again for NSW SS as you will waste your one of SS grant anyways.

You should have done this research before itself and apply to that state which you feel jobs are good for you. Now with one SS in hand, applying for 1 more SS and waiting for its result and then applying 176 is a bad idea IMHO. Keeping July changes in mind if I was in your situation I would have applied 176 by now!

@Dreamaus: I had applied for Victoria SS before as it was the only state which was accepting application for Developer Programmer(261312) back then. NSW was not accepting.
Today, I happen to visit NSW website for SS & surprisingly i discover they are accepting application for my occupation(Developer Programmer), so all things popped up.
For Java professionals which is a better bet: Sydney or Melbourne?

Thanks,
Chaitanya

·
Registered
628 Posts
@Dreamaus: I had applied for Victoria SS before as it was the only state which was accepting application for Developer Programmer(261312) back then. NSW was not accepting.
Today, I happen to visit NSW website for SS & surprisingly i discover they are accepting application for my occupation(Developer Programmer), so all things popped up.
For Java professionals which is a better bet: Sydney or Melbourne?

Thanks,
Chaitanya
Not sure really. I am not from that background and generally people say Sydney has more jobs compared to Mel but still both are equally good!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure really. I am not from that background and generally people say Sydney has more jobs compared to Mel but still both are equally good!
Thanks Dreamaus: I shall wait for some more senior expats to throw light on this.
One more query for you: Applying for 176 with Vic-SS within July 2012 would make me fall in the present point system right? If i cross July 2012 before applying for 176, then & only then i would be falling into the new rules correct?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks Dreamaus: I shall wait for some more senior expats to throw light on this.
One more query for you: Applying for 176 with Vic-SS within July 2012 would make me fall in the present point system right? If i cross July 2012 before applying for 176, then & only then i would be falling into the new rules correct?
see the new rules no one knows how it is going to be. so it is very safe to get the PR itself before June itself because sometimes they *might* even stop receiving any more visa application by June for smooth transitioning to new system by July

but as per their update yes if an app is lodged before July you will be considered with old rules but what if a CO is not allocated by then? they might even ask you to submit the EoI to proceed further. so all these questions raises. better to get PR itself before all these changes and be in safe position. you have a bright chance of getting PR definitely. just my idea and that is how i am working on it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
see the new rules no one knows how it is going to be. so it is very safe to get the PR itself before June itself because sometimes they *might* even stop receiving any more visa application by June for smooth transitioning to new system by July

but as per their update yes if an app is lodged before July you will be considered with old rules but what if a CO is not allocated by then? they might even ask you to submit the EoI to proceed further. so all these questions raises. better to get PR itself before all these changes and be in safe position. you have a bright chance of getting PR definitely. just my idea and that is how i am working on it
Yes sure. I will be applying for my 176 soon. Now i m in process of collecting all my documents for the same.
What's the timeline taken to grant Visa for State sponsorship holders?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
One more query i had: After the 176 grant, Is there a specific time within which an individual should reach AUS or is the 176 PR valid for ever?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes sure. I will be applying for my 176 soon. Now i m in process of collecting all my documents for the same.
time for CO allocation is 3-4 weeks. grant depends on how good your docs satisfy CO

·
Registered
628 Posts
One more query i had: After the 176 grant, Is there a specific time within which an individual should reach AUS or is the 176 PR valid for ever?
the initial entry date is usually 1 yr from med or pcc date which is same for 175 as well. 176 is granted for 5 yr but if you stay in Aus beyond that 5 yr you will not see any issues but when you want to exit and enter again after that 5 yr period is when you need a resident return visa because you PR might have expired by that time

·
Registered
88 Posts
Initial entry should be within one year from the date of your PCC or Meds (whichever is the latest). 176 PR has indefinite validity. However, beyond 5 years, you need to obtain an RRV or Citizenship to re-enter AUS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for the clarification guys.

As I am applying for 176 now, could you please let me know the stages in 176 application, correct me if the following is right:

1. Application for DIAC
2. CO allocation
3. Police Verification
4. Medicals
5. Visa Grant

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the clarification guys.

As I am applying for 176 now, could you please let me know the stages in 176 application, correct me if the following is right:

1. Application for DIAC
2. CO allocation
3. Police Verification
4. Medicals
5. Visa Grant
Although steps 3 & 4 can be done before 2, it is better to wait till CO's request for PCC and Meds. CO will give you 28 days to provide the same (or reply with a convincing reason for any delay beyond that). In India, usually we can obtain both within 10-15 days.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Although steps 3 & 4 can be done before 2, it is better to wait till CO's request for PCC and Meds. CO will give you 28 days to provide the same (or reply with a convincing reason for any delay beyond that). In India, usually we can obtain both within 10-15 days.
Thanks Ozway.
I see a all happy signature of yours. When r u flying?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You will have to choose from either of the two states bcoz you cannot apply for 2 separate 176 visas...

Hi Guys,

Awaiting reply
Regards,
Chaitanya.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You will have to choose from either of the two states bcoz you cannot apply for 2 separate 176 visas...
Thanks Lifesgood.
I am sticking to Vic SS due to shortage of time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats Chaitanya.

I am new in this forum. Just joined today.

My agent applied for my Vic state sponsorship for 475 visa on 07/04/2012
and informed me that it takes 1 or 2 weeks to get a reference number.
Does it really take so long?

My job code from the skill assessment is that of software engineer and with
skill in SAP Technical module.
I have submitted my +ve ACS and IELTS TRF with overal 8 and > 7 in all modules
for SS approval.

Does it really take entire 12 weeks for a decision as mentioned in their website?
Is the delay due to getting feedback from ICT industry body regarding suitability
of an application?
Is is possible to track the status of our application for Vic SS like
SA SS?

Appreciate if you can share your thoughts.

Cheers !

Mark

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats Chaitanya.

I am new in this forum. Just joined today.

My agent applied for my Vic state sponsorship for 475 visa on 07/04/2012
and informed me that it takes 1 or 2 weeks to get a reference number.
Does it really take so long?

My job code from the skill assessment is that of software engineer and with
skill in SAP Technical module.
I have submitted my +ve ACS and IELTS TRF with overal 8 and > 7 in all modules
for SS approval.

Does it really take entire 12 weeks for a decision as mentioned in their website?
Is the delay due to getting feedback from ICT industry body regarding suitability
of an application?
Is is possible to track the status of our application for Vic SS like
SA SS?

Appreciate if you can share your thoughts.

Cheers !

Mark
Hi mark001,

I am not the right person to comment on 475,
I would answer queries related to 176.
Wait until a more senior expat comments on ur status.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.