Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! :)

This forum had really been very helpful already when applying for EEA family permit but now I can´t find the answer to my question regarding applying for the residence card (form EEA2).
Shortly: I am an EEA citizen moved to UK and my husband is a non EEA citizen with me in UK on EEA family permit right now. It is about to expire soon and we want to apply for his residence card next week based on my employment-me being his sponsor.
The question is: they did not give me a work contract but only a job offer which was signed by me and the company and i´ve been told that it is equal to a work contract for the first 3months and later they can give me a contract. Is that true??? In my country we still get a contract even if only for a 1week work but it must be called "contract".
So, can my husband apply for his residence card and send them my signed job offer and later when i receive payslips, he sends these too? Or what do you suggest?

Please help :) Thanx!! K.

·
Registered
39,118 Posts
Wait until you get your first payslip even if it's after his EEA family permit expires. It doesn't really matter and he can still apply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your fast reply Joppa and one more fast question - my probationary period is 3 months but my signed job offer says as well "your employment is permanent part time". Does the lenght of probationary period influence the decision time at home office? Means, we will wait minimum 3 months in any case or more but if probaionary period is 1month (is 1month even possible in UK?), you can get residence card faster?

Thanx :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He previously applied once when i had a different job and we couldn´t provide sufficient evidence so they rejected it but now I have a new job. Do we need to mention previous one anywhere in the application or sth..?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it´s better to apply only with payslip once I get one, without sending them my signed job offer coz it says 3 months probationary period?
And maybe send second and third payslip later and the contract once I get it?
Thanx Joppa you are great!! :)

·
Registered
39,118 Posts
Just payslip - more convincing evidence of actually exercising treaty rights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more quick question before applying... Is it necessary to include my husbands (Non EEA national) proof of address into EEA2 application? We only got mine :( From him we only have the letter with NI number which to my understanding doesn't count...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.